I had a very enjoyable 5 night stay at the hotel and found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. The room was a good size, beds extremely comfortable and the bathroom clean with a very good shower. I made a last minute change to the booking to switch to a double room as a friend decided to join my trip - hotel handled this without a problem.
The location of the hotel is great for accessing the financial district of Manhattan and close to the subway uptown. Alternatively there are always cabs waiting at the door to take you where you need to go. Being on the edge of Manhattan means a slightly quieter location and a walk in Battery Park next to the hotel is a nice way to start the day.
The only reason I haven't rated this hotel as excellent is the lack of in-room coffee making facilities and the very expensive additional charge for wifi. I just don't feel it can be justified.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look out across the waterfront as Lady Liberty stands proudly over symbolic Ellis Island. Sweeping views command your attention at every turn. American history surrounds you as the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian and other impressive tributes are just steps away. As the only five star hotel in lower Manhattan, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park immerses its guests in all the luxury and cultural heritage of this bustling city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotel.de, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Battery Park Hotel New York City
- Ritz New York City
- Ritz-Carlton New York City
- New York City Ritz-Carlton