I stayed here for 3 nights in August for a business conference and the hotel is what you'd expect for a Ritz Carlton. My room had a great view of the Statue of Liberty along with a telescope I never did figure out how to use! The room was spacious, with nice furnishings especially for a NYC hotel room which are typically much smaller. The bathroom was huge with a separate tub and shower with large sink and separate toilet. The hotel is conveniently located near the new 9/11 Memorial and Wall Street. I walked around the area pretty easily and met up with a friend to eat at the nearby Stone Street which I highly recommend to anyone visiting the hotel. I used the hotel gym while there which was nicely equipped with a lovely roof top view although it was ridiculously hot in there. They need much better ventilation and A/C in that room. I ate in the lobby restaurant one day for lunch and it was adequate but overly priced for what you get and the portion. I ordered a chicken soup and salad and the soup was probably the worst I've ever had - Campbell's soup is better! It had no flavor at all. I did eat the hotel's catering via the in-hotel conference I attended and that was much better. The biggest complaint I have is that the hotel wi-fi was out for 2 of the 3 days I was there. Luckily I had my own wi-fi hotspot but considering the hotel is likely frequented by business travelers (given the location), it's ridiculous to be without wi-fi for that long. It would have also been nice to have a mini-fridge in the room as there was no where cold for me to store drinks and leftover food, snacks, etc. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay in a nice location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look out across the waterfront as Lady Liberty stands proudly over symbolic Ellis Island. Sweeping views command your attention at every turn. American history surrounds you as the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian and other impressive tributes are just steps away. As the only five star hotel in lower Manhattan, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park immerses its guests in all the luxury and cultural heritage of this bustling city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Battery Park Hotel New York City
- Ritz New York City
- Ritz-Carlton New York City
- New York City Ritz-Carlton