This was my first time traveling to NYC, so with all of the many choices in hotels this was a big decision. I finally decided to stay at the Ritz Carlton, mainly because it is a Ritz and i figured it had to be nice. The girl who i spoke with that took my reservation was so friendly and really sold me on the hotel. A few days before check in I received an email from the hotel asking us if we would like to pay for an upgrade. When i called the hotel, i guess i was forwarded to some main line that was not the actual hotel. The woman was so rude, and basically had no idea of what email i was referring to. I spoke with a manger at the actual hotel. She was awesome, and upgraded us to the statue of liberty room view for free. When we checked in, the door staff were so friendly. The lobby was small, and not like other ritz properties. No wow factor. Basic, like a business travel type feel. The room was nice, good size, and very nice, and well light bathroom. This was an upgraded room, so i cant imagine what we would have gotten with a standard room as this had no wow factor at all. The view, was very nice. Clear view of lady liberty. Telescope in the room- great touch! They also gave us complimentary champagne and strawberries for our anniversary. The one thing i have to rate 10 stars, THE BED!!! Seriously, the BEST best i have ever slept on. Felt like a cloud. I instantly fell asleep the moment my head touched the pillow each night. The hotel does not have many food choices either. Just one, very expensive restaurant with limited options. If you are looking to do a lot of sightseeing near Times Square that area, this probably isnt the hotel for you. We paid a TON of money in cabs because we did not want to take the subway and its way to far to walk anywhere other than wall street or freedom towers. Kind of dissapointing that this hotel did not have a pool, or a rooftop bar. They advertise something like it on the website with amazing views of the statue of liberty, but i guess this has been turned into a "private" space that you must rent out. This was a lovely hotel and if your looking to stay in a quiet area away from the hustle and bustle this is your place. Clean, friendly staff, beautiful views, and amazing beds!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look out across the waterfront as Lady Liberty stands proudly over symbolic Ellis Island. Sweeping views command your attention at every turn. American history surrounds you as the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian and other impressive tributes are just steps away. As the only five star hotel in lower Manhattan, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park immerses its guests in all the luxury and cultural heritage of this bustling city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Battery Park Hotel New York City
- Ritz New York City
- Ritz-Carlton New York City
- New York City Ritz-Carlton