We have almost always stayed uptown in previous visits to NYC, but if your stay is largely going to be centered south of the Village, this is a very good alternative. Battery Park City is a quiet, residential area, and it's a reasonable walk not only to Wall Street but also to Tribeca and even Soho and the Village. As others have said, further north is definitely a taxi or subway ride.
The hotel itself is a far different experience from the typical hectic NYC hotel experience. It is quiet, new and beautifully laid out. The rooms are very large by any standards, and ours had a spectacular view of the harbor, Statue of Liberty etc. Staff service was friendly and largely efficient.
It is definitely not a typical New York experience to stay here, but if you are a frequent traveler to the city and your business is downtown, this is definitely a very good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look out across the waterfront as Lady Liberty stands proudly over symbolic Ellis Island. Sweeping views command your attention at every turn. American history surrounds you as the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian and other impressive tributes are just steps away. As the only five star hotel in lower Manhattan, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park immerses its guests in all the luxury and cultural heritage of this bustling city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Battery Park Hotel New York City
- Ritz New York City
- Ritz-Carlton New York City
- New York City Ritz-Carlton