My husband and I were invited to a wedding in Battery Park and this hotel was recommended. We were thrilled to be staying there, as we've always had amazing experiences at Ritz-Carlton hotels. In any other hotel I would have said it was fine, but one expects perfection from the Ritz. Little things were off. We were asked at check-in what paper we preferred for the morning and we happy to have a choice. The wrong one showed up. The hotel provided beautiful terry robes, but no slippers until our last day, when there was only one pair. Only one was also the number of cupcakes sent by the management to welcome us. We shared. We did both get keys at check-in, so there was no question of how many of us were registered in the room. When we asked for information about a local site we were told that the desk was very busy and would get back to us later in the day. Only when we complained that we didn't want to spend the day waiting in our room were they able to help us.
Don't get me wrong; the hotel is beautiful, the staff was friendly and courteous and overall we had an excellent stay, but these minor annoyances just took a bit of the sparkle off what was an otherwise lovely experience. This would not stop us from going back.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Battery Park Hotel New York City
- Ritz-Carlton Battery Park Hotel
- Ritz Carlton New York City
- Ritz Carlton Battery Park
- Ritz New York City
- Ritz-Carlton New York City
- New York City Ritz-Carlton
- New York City Ritz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look out across the waterfront as Lady Liberty stands proudly over symbolic Ellis Island. Sweeping views command your attention at every turn. American history surrounds you as the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian and other impressive tributes are just steps away. As the only five star hotel in lower Manhattan, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park immerses its guests in all the luxury and cultural heritage of this bustling city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.