“Ridiculous but fun” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #140 of 774 nightlife in New York City
Type: Bar/ Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Iron Horse NYC livens up the mood with our talented all female bartender staff who not only hula hoop, dance on the bar, but also spend a good portion of the day swingin' around ABOVE the bar. There's never a dull moment at The Iron Horse NYC. As soon as you walk in, you're party of the family. We have a pool table and a photo booth for some added fun. The Iron Horse NYC shows all MMA UFC PPV events live with NO cover charge. Great place with real nightlife in the Financial District.We now feature AC and USB power outlets at our bar seats so you can juice up your phone, tablet, or laptop while enjoying our entertainment, beverages, or food.
MA
20 attraction reviews
“Ridiculous but fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had no idea what we were walking into when taken to this place, but it ended up being an amusing evening! Setting the bar on fire, a swing across the bar top, great tunes playing - I had fun. Seems to me that it is not a place to visit unless you like ridiculous antics from both servers and clientele.

Visited November 2012

Miami, Florida
12 attraction reviews
“this is a dump and wannabe Ugly Coyote, no class !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I should have known walking inn with an empty bar at 10pm that something was up. It took awhile to get the attention of the wannabe stripper girls , because they seemed to be entertaining a couple of guys at the bars , who acted as if they were their boyfriends or something. They were tramps as far as I was concerned, I'm an easy going person, but I was very upset at the service and attitudes of the staff. I purchased a round of drinks for a couple sitting alone who seemed uncomfortable as well. I noticed that while I'll purchased drinks, that was the only time the bartenders served the two guys that they were hanging with, I never so those guys pay one time, again every time I ordered and paid, they were given not only drinks , but heavy pours ? I tried to complain and at one point she even attempted to hold my credit card after paying and signing the check. I had to demand that she give me my credit card. By the way I was with a female and also a local business associate who handles my New York. New Jersey accounts. They were just as shocked, I had to really get strong with this "B----" excuse my French and I apologize to fellow tripadvisor contributors for my language, as I'm still angry about this experience. I will add the place is dirty, nasty restrooms ! as you can read in my past reviews, in many parts of the USA & the World, I have never made any comments or reviews that equal this one. I suggest that you stay away from this wannabe Ugly Coyote dump !! It is what it is !!!!

Visited May 2013
Halifax, Yorkshire
“Think Coyote Ugly .......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We found this bar by chance and werent sure when we first went in, but it turned out to be entertaining - with a difference....... the bartenders are pretty and encourage customers to take part in the fun (swing, dancing poles on bar ....). They wanted me to get on the bar (being the only tourists in there).... maybe 20 years earlier I woulkd have joined in, but 50 year old Grandma's are past that !!!!!! still enjoyable night with friendly locals. We didnt eat so cant comment on food. Large Bacardi was $16 but lasted 3 rounds (hubby nearly keeled over when she said 24 dollars for that and a beer .......

Visited April 2013
15 attraction reviews
“Great entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Great beer specials. Bartenders keep you entertained with bar dancing and a swing above bar and sometimes grab patrons and make part of show. Food is good and reasonably priced. Definatly worth visiting

Marietta, GA
7 attraction reviews
“Interesting slice of the city; great hangout and people watching”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Staying on the southside? This little hole in the wall pub was an awesome find. From the outside you have no idea what is going on late night! We went in to gear a beer and a bite to eat. We were given free food (hamburgers and hotdogs) and were served drinks by the most awesome bartender in all of history. Tiffany is a part time bartender here; she knows how to work a crowd, knows how to treat her customers, and is very entertaining. She is accommodating to those out of town, and simply understands people. Some party goers seem to find this bar and make for interesting people watching. Tiffany can take care of rambunctious young people out for an adventure on one side of the bar and at the same time cater to the needs of business clientele with drinks and intelligent conversation.

The bar is comfortable, and feels as if you have had your own seat there for years. The food was okay, but no complaints here - it was free. The music is grand because they have an electric jukebox with a mix from every genre imaginable. This was a great place to end a long day in NYC for business or pleasure.

Visited March 2013