This was perfect for a short stay - had stayed uptown earlier in the week and moved to Union Square to get a feel of a different community - everything about this part of town was so much better. It had more of a "people" atmosphere rather than just shoppers and business people and I loved the produce markets. The hotel is in a perfect location to enjoy the best of this community.
Although it is a "W", it didn't have the over-the-top modern contemporary feel to it - it is a grand old building and it reeks of class and style.
Had a corner suite facing the square and this was a wonderful view whether watching the sunset or an early morning sunrise.
It's a good base to explore one of my favourite New York areas from the Flatiron district, Gramercy Park, Greenwich Village etc.
- Also Known As:
- w New York - Union Square Hotel
- w New York - Union Square Hotel New York City
- w New York City
- w Hotel Union Square
- w Hotels Union Square
- w Union Square
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ringed by the essential: shopping, music, and art; the W New York Union Square's landmark 1911 beaux arts Guardian Life building, re-invented by David Rockwell, has the city at its fingertips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your W New York - Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.