“Great Cheese Shop with the BEST Mac and Cheese Ever!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 20th Street
Transit: N, R, W, Q, L or 4, 5, 6 Trains to 14th Street/Union Square or R, W Trains to 23rd Street/Broadway.
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Cheese Shop with the BEST Mac and Cheese Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Visited Beechers in Seattle in 2012 and really loved it...great cheese. On a trip to New York we serendipitously stumbled upon Beechers in the Flatiron District. We went in and looked and tasted some of the wonderful cheeses and then decide to dine for lunch at their restaurant The Cellar. The Cellar is just that...an actual working cheese cellar underneath the cheese shop in a great atmospheric space that is both rustic and modern (I imagine at night it is especially beautiful).
Our server was a young woman who was very friendly and and enquired on our visit to New York and plans.
Beecher's has their incredible Mac n Cheese on the menu at The Cellar and not just one version but 6!! I did not know if I could control myself. I was torn between the mac n cheese with crab, old bay aioli and bread crumbs OR the mac n cheese with pork belly and pickled fennel stem. Our waitress said go for the pork belly..and I'm glad she did. The flavours of the pork belly and fennel and the cheesy goodness was sensational and felt like a guilty pleasure.
My partner wanting something a "lighter" went for the salad of kale, cherry, almond, leek, and marco polo cheese....this was very good even next to my nac n cheese.
We were glad to have stumbled on Beecher's in New York and to have eaten at The Cellar. We will difinitely come back!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Weehawken, New Jersey
“Great cheese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I came across this place accidentally & my friend & I thought of giving it a try. Did not regret it at all. The place itself is pleasing & we did not try the food there. However we got 4 types of cheese and my oh my they were good. Excellent flavor & texture. I would unreservedly & highly recommend the cheese. A bit expensive however.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Greatest Mac and cheese and much more!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We heard about this place from a review on TV and were anxious to try? It met all that was promised plus a great atmosphere. Service friendly and efficient. We had the plain Mac and cheese and a fresh green salad. Ample portions but we each finished one on our own. We shared the salad because my husband isn't a big fan of salads. Not this time, he had several helpings. Located in the Cellar at Bleecher's the restaurant is open for lunch and dinner...we didn't ask about breakfast. Also cheese can be ordered online and if you are Vegan this cheese is perfect!

Visited April 2014
Lenox, Massachusetts
“No Comparison”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Last month stopped in for a late lunch while shopping. We wanted to have a drink with lunch so we had to eat in the lower level, since alcoholic beverages are not served upstairs. Decor is rustic and minimalist but nice. My friend and I had the best Patty Melt ever - the beef was cooked perfectly, their house cheese ( across between gruyere and cheddar) was fabulous and they served it with a barbecue onion chutney/jam. It was very light and just enough flavor.

The side of greens was dressed lightly and the bread was delicious as well - all in all a perfect sandwich and the hard cider was a perfect accompaniment

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“Decent mac and cheese”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We ordered a large bowl of mac and cheese. Very expensive and very small. It was very nice but if that's the 'world's best' as proudly advertised in their window then I expect they were the only entrant in whatever competition it was that judged it!!

I'm not saying it was bad; far from it, it was lovely but it was just a very simple cheesy pasta, not much of it, fairly nondescript taste-wise, and somewhat overpriced.

Nice venue wise, and sitting on stools in the window to eat was fun.

• Visited March 2014