“Eccellente” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mike's Bistro
127 E 54th St, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)
212-799-3911
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between Broadway and West End Avenue
Transit: We are located one block away from the 1,2,3 at the 72nd Street stop and 3 blocks away from the c train at he 72nd Street stop.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Eccellente”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My name is Mike so when I saw this restaurant I had to try.
The owner Mike is very friendly , he goes to every table to ask in everything is ok. The food is great... In particular the meat of Angus.
We sat us at down floor so we can look out . Perfect meal in Manhattan

Visited September 2012

Brooklyn, New York
“Update of a great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I already reviewed this restaurant before. We went there again last night and we were truly not diappointed. If you want to go to a superb restaurant, especially for a special occassion, and you need kosher, this is the place. The only issue is, it's expensive. So be prepared to pay.
We started with a corn chowder soup and a duck and potato appetizer. WOW! Wish we had bigger plates! My wife had a superb Veal. I told the waiter what I wanted - lean beef, very well done but tasty, butterflied, and he said he knows exactly what to give me. ANd boy was he right. Some kind of Angus steak.
SO, in rereviewing this restaurant, I must say, the food is still out of site, the decor, upstairs and downstairs very nice. We sat in the front section in a type of Florida room and got to see all the passersby. That's very interesting when you're in Manhatten!
The facilities are very well kept. The waiter was extra special.
As I said, the price is high, but well worth it. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“A super kosher restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

The food was all terrific, down to the desserts. The menu is varied and creative. The atmosphere is fun, and the service is great. The four of us thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Visited August 2011
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Kosher meat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Great meal very good service and employees very attended
We will go again

Visited April 2012
Ocean, NJ
“Delightful Kosher Bistro Food with a Personal Touch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Yes, there really is a Mike and he makes a point of personally stopping by to talk to his guests, treating them as if they were his own personal visitors. Mikes is no "chain restaurant / commercial" establishment, every aspect of his Bistro reflects Mike's artisan love for the freshest and most delicious food, service, and of his guests. I have dined there numerous times and without fail have seen him stop by each and every table to inquire if everything was just perfect.

On my last visit we ordered drinks at the bar prior to being seated and there too observed a careful attention to each step of the drinks' preparation, evidencing that Mike's personalized and individualized approach is shared by his entire staff.

With oustanding food, personal treatment and attention you can't go wrong when dining at Mikes.

The seating upstairs, perhaps due to the location of the staircase, feels a bit crowded and I would suggest that you request seating on the main floor.

• Visited January 2012