“Had a great time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Citifari Photo Tours

Citifari Photo Tours
1601 3rd Ave, Suite 18D, New York City, NY 10128 (Upper East Side)
262-726-1201
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Photo tours of New York City - Join citifari's professional New York City photographers for a compact and exclusive 2-1/2 hour tour. During the citifari walking tour, our guides share with you privileged corners of NYC along with various, must-have, techniques so you can shoot your own stunning photographs.
Lansing, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Had a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I booked the Landmarks tour for myself during a family vacation while the others toured around on their own; as another reviewer mentioned, it was nice to focus on photographing the city without the grumbling that comes from slowing everyone down! Our guide, Louis, was very knowledgable, professional and patient with our small group. I was pretty comfortable with my camera going into it, but I appreciated having appropriate techniques demonstrated one at a time as we arrived at each landmark. (Long exposure in Grand Central was definately cool!). This also helped me to 'see' photo opportunities throughout the city on my own and know right away how to best shoot them. I'm not sure we hit all the landmarks listed on the tour, but I enjoyed what we did. As far as doing something 'offbeat' on vacation, this tops the list!

Visited July 2012

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So good I did two!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I did the NYC by night tour when I first arrived in NYC and the tour was great, Rob my guide was very knowledgable and helped me iron out the things I had been struggling with in night photography. The places visited are great and the shots I got are fantastic. I decided to also do the Central park tour before I left and had Rob again as a guide. The tour was also fantastic and i got some shots I'm really happy with.

I wish there was something like this where I live!

Visited November 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Ideal for photographers on holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I imagine a lot of people who love photography have better halves that are probably fed up of being dragged around places and hearing "just a couple more shots" whilst on their hols. I know I do and so I decided to try and spare my better half for some of this trip by booking myself on a couple of Citifari tours - the landmarks tour and the night photography tour.

I had Rob as the photography tutor for both tours. Rob was great, knowledgeable and patient as well as being a really interesting and pleasant guy. I am someone who knows her way around a camera but what I learnt from Rob was that I still have some way to go in optimising exposure as well as understanding that more effort is often needed to get the best composition / vantage point.

Out of the two tours the night photography tour was my favourite. This is just something I could not do on my own - wander around a new city at night. It was a real joy to get out and about taking some long exposure shots - my little tripod finally being put to some good use.

Highly recommended for both experienced photographers and those just taking up the hobby.

Visited September 2012
Medford, New York, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best birthday present!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband bought me this tour for my birthday. What a great tour!!
Our guide was Rob who was amazing. I'm relatively new to photography and had trouble with night shots. He gave me the best pointers and step by step instructions. I took some pretty good photos of Radio City and the Chrysler building. Would definitely recommend and hope to take another tour soon!

Visited November 2012
Sparta, New Jersey, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“More than expected..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had Rob as my professional. I can't say enough about how he has helped me visualize the photo before and after it is taken. I know now that just knowing the mechanics of taking a photo is only half the task. Rob has shown me how to not only maximize the useage of the camera but how to compose the complete photo. I felt by the end of the tour I was taking photographs not just pictures. Thank you again Rob for sharing your knowledge and patience. Dave

Visited November 2011