“Excellent value for Upper West Side” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Belnord Hotel

You added Belnord Hotel to your Saves list
Belnord Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   209 West 87th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Upper West Side)   |
Ranked #340 of 464 Hotels in New York City
“Excellent value for Upper West Side”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

First of all, the rooms are extremely small. I read the reviews and knew that going in, so no surprises there. The room and bathroom were very clean. The staff was nice and the location was about a block from the 1line subway. The air conditioning worked well, too. I would definitely stay here again. The only issue was with the Wi-Fi, it was a bit inconsistent, but it was free.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 days during our stay in NY. Clean room but a little small. Got fresh sheets every day and a very Nice location close to Central Park. When we left at 6am to Toronto they called a taxi for us that drove us nicely to the airport. I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My daughter and I [2 full-sized+ adults] spent 5 nights at the Belnord, in a twin room. I price checked dozens of places - quite thoroughly, read reviews, checked Google Street Views, and basically drove myself nuts trying to choose. I know the rooms are small, but having done cruising in budget level cabins, we had no issue with the room.
The staff was very pleasant and helpful, the rooms and lobby were always clean, the rooms had been recently remodeled. The bathroom was all new, and though tight, was functional.
Our room had a great sized flatscreen tv over the dresser. We had 2 huge windows in the room so that it didn’t feel smothery. There was a vanity area that we used for staging/etc.
The surprises? 1. I pack my clothes on hangars and there was no rod or closet. 2. At 5’3”, I really had to stand on tippy toes to get the showerhead to get soap out of my hair.
We loved our stay and if we are ever lucky enough to go back, we would check the Belnord first.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
New London, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I spent one night in New York, and this hotel was adequate for our needs. The room I very very small, with just enough room on each side of the bed to get in & out. The bathroom is also quite small. But it's clean, comfortable, and reasonably quiet so if you're not planning to spend much time in the room, it's perfectly fine.

Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

As this is my first trip to New York! Booking into this hotel seems to be ideal, reasonable in price. On arrival , no one to assist you to carry your luggage up 5 steps up into hotel for check in, not a friendly smile or welcome from Front Offfice Staff, given room key and was told to go up second floor and find your own room! Room itself is very small, sparsely fitted with ensuite and no view! View from windows in the backyard of apartments. Bed- ? Has bed bugs !! As I woke up with bites, no kettle in room for you to make a hot drink, air conditioning is Very Noisy and goes on the whole day and night!!. Front Desk Not helpful when enquiring about how to get to Downtown or call a cab prior to check out...I was told to drag my luggage to the Cornor of the road and hail a cab myself!!!Estimated walk to downtown is about an hour! Near to subways but did not take it......would not encourage anyone to stay at this Hotel at all as it is not convenient for any tourists...try and pay a bit more and stay in Lower Manhatten or inner city way......only good for ? Locals......

Room Tip: Try not to get room 226
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel was clean and neat, HOWEVER nowhere do they state on their website that it is a micro hotel. I have stayed in many hotels in New York city and the rooms were so small that I could not get out of bed on one side.
Also there was NO cell phone reception because the hotel rooms are wedged at the back of the building so with the surrounding buildings you are effectively in a dungeon. The free Wi-Fi did work, but if you want to make a phone call, or send/ receive a text you had to go outside.
The A/C was vey good
The staff at the at desk were however very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: have a noisy street room and you may get phone service
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Framingham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel is in a very lovely neighborhood on the west side - good location for exploring the less beaten path - few blocks away from Central Park and a lot of bars/restaurants in the area. For the adventurous, it is about a 40 minute walk across the park to the East side.
The hotel itself is small but clean - the room I stayed in had a double bed in a very cramped space - small bathroom and view of another building. If you are staying for more than 1 - 2 nights I would not recommend this hotel unless you don't care to have cramped quarters and no amenities. Business travelers - there is internet but nowhere to do work at night. I would stay here again the next time I come in for a weekend since it will be for 1 nite only.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Belnord Hotel? Share your experiences!