“A nice little find for our first trip to New York” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Belnord Hotel

You added Belnord Hotel to your Saves list
Belnord Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   209 West 87th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #342 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Hull, UK
“A nice little find for our first trip to New York”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was really insistent about the area we stayed in as safaety was a priority and I was really pleased with this choice. Although the room was small and the bed was smaller than ours back home it was really cozy and the service was very good. Front desk even called my shuttle service for me to confirm the reservation and made no charge for the call, they stored our luggage away safely whilst we enjoyed our last day after checkout as we had an evening flight. The area was absolutely spot on, two blocks from central park, one block from the subway and 3 major roads all within walking distance that housed many fine eateries and bars and shops. The price we paid was cheap as chips however since it was off season I expected we'd get a good deal. A great first time location, would consider again. Only one downside, no coffee facilities in the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Greenfield, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels and this one is run by some hard nosed people who lie. This is not the best area to stay in but it was within 8 blocks of where I was going so I booked as I was visiting 8 blocks away. Primarily for the prices. They denied me a credit after they said on the phone I could cancel. Major Snowstorm. City completely closed. Two days notice. I called on WED for FRI cancel. When I called to re-book they said "WE are a small hotel", and denied any credit. Woulnt even give me buck off as a credit. THEN ... I found their prices were actually higher than The Days Inn on 94th, next to where I needed to go. Skip this budget hotel and their lies; and stay at the Days INN. Cheaper and a big upgrade.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

City of San Marino, San Marino
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed there 1 week in august 2011.
Nothing to complain about, rooms was clean and very big (i don't know why but they gave us the invalid people room) with wood on the floor and not the stupid moquette.
Very clean and spacious.
I definitely will come back if I return in Ny!
Metro at 5 minutes walk.
A lot of restaurants nearby.
A starbucks 1 minute from the hotel :) perfect for breakfast!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

the room-hotel was a little small and noisy due to the proximity to' the lift.
very clean but unfriendly staff at the reception.
the hotel and 'very well connected with the main stops of metro.linea red, blue and orange

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Liverpool UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Very convenient location for the subway downtown. Shops locally and close to Central Park, easy walk to theMet.
Staff friendly and helpful. Bed comfortable. Heating system good.
Our room had only one bedside table which was very inconvenient - our onlly criticism.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had to stop in New York for two unplanned nights and did not have many options as many hotels were booked. I booked this less than a week in advance.

The rooms are tiiiiiiinyyyyyyy, literally no space to move. We had to move the bed right up to the wall so we could find space for our luggage and space to move around. The rooms are not fancy either, but very clean. The walls are thin and we could hear people moving outside. After New York we went to San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas and this room was by far the poorest yet the most expensive. New York rates are catastrophic. Don't spend much on the room and enjoy the day out in this wonderful city.

The receptionist is extremely rude and unfriendly.

The location was very convenient though. It was a couple of mins away from the subway station and just a couple of streets away from Central Park. It was lovely to wake up in the morning and take a walk in Central Park then hop onto the subway to go sightseeing or go straight to the airport. It was a short ride away from Times Square.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Belnord Hotel? Share your experiences!