“The Benjamin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Benjamin

You added The Benjamin to your Saves list
The Benjamin
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 East 50th Street, at Lexington Avenue, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #96 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Hartford, Ct
“The Benjamin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Always is a pleasure to stay here...clean, nice rooms, friendly staff, great location. The only drawback might be the two very slow very small elevators. At checkout time, the cue time is forever. Well worth the cost.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear notrewood,

You've made our day with your glowing remarks! Our entire team is engaged in making sure we help you make the most of your visit to NYC. We want to remain your destination of choice. Our convenient location in Midtown allows us to be within walking distance of where you need to be in the neighborhood. Whether you are in NYC to visit a major corporation, do some premiere shopping or enjoy a show at Radio City Music Hall or in the Theater District, The Benjamin's location will suit you perfectly on 50th Street and Lexington Avenue. We are slated to completely upgrade our elevators this year without interrupting normal service and I appreciate your feedback. Please contact me she your travel plans bring you back to NYC.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I wanted to celebrate my wife's birthday in a befitting manner and wanted to go some place classy as well as cosy! A friend recommended The Benjamin Hotel and my first ,I was also skeptical of whether it would be a good place to take my daughters, one of whom can barely stay indoors beyond an hour and the other one is yet to learn to crawl...

I am glad I took the leap of faith and went ahead. It turned out to be the most luxurious holiday experience I have ever had. In fact it was so immersive, I find it difficult to remain objective...

With a warm greeting at the reception and a smooth check-in by Khady.As always I had called up ahead and arranged a exciting holiday for my wife, I had spoken to Anya at the concierge she had assured that everything was going to be just fabulous in a New york Style.
The service levels were exceptional. I would give a lot of credit to Anya, our concierge for making it look so easy. We never had to wait inordinately for any request. From cleaning the room, we were accorded prompt assistance.
The restaurant – National is very unique and the Chef-In-Charge, is a creative genius. He was able to conjure up options that had unique ingredients and a twist in the taste. We had special dietary requirements, I had made few last minute request and changes through hotel concierge and we were attended to with care and hospitality..
When the time came to bid farewell, we were morose. Manager David who heads the Front Office came by to seek feedback and wishing my wife a birthday again . She couldn’t have been happier with this. That made her feel like a Queen. I cant thank enough for Anya her team to pull this off holiday for me & my family.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Incmark,

Your splendid review gives our team great cause to rejoice and I thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I am so delighted that your wife's birthday was so memorable. Traveling with two young children will give any parent pause before making the trip happen. I am elated that our team made your experience a joyful pleasure from start to finish for your whole family. Our team is passionate about customer service and I appreciate that you mentioned three of our stellar associates in your review by name: Khady, Anya and David. By doing so you have generously acknowledged their efforts in a very rewarding way.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We had the exceptional pleasure of enjoying a wonderful holidays in New York embraced by the warm hospitality at the Benjamin hotel. Thank you very much for the welcome and the service at your hotel.
A especial thank you to Khady, Who not only gave us some fantastic information about New York City, places to go etc, but also for a best customer service.
We will certainly be recommending your hotel to our friends in Paris.

Many thanks again.

Philip & Family.

• Stayed December 2013
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear sweetcks,

Your recommendation is the best gift we can receive from you. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience at The Benjamin so much. Thank you for highlighting the service and friendliness of Khady at our Reception. You've made her day! The entire Reception team is eager to make your priorities their own and help you to be at your best. Our Rest & Renew program, informed by sleep expert Rebecca Robbins, is a great example of the unique perks that are available to you each stay.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This hotel is centrally located. Large rooms with a kitchenette. Excellent bedding and friendly staff. We have chosen it as a much better alternative to the dusty Waldorf and were happy with it. Great value for this area.

Dear Patrick G,

I am overjoyed that you chose to stay with us for the first time. Our 209 rooms and suites, all completely redesigned by Rottet Studio in 2013, offer unsurpassed value in Midtown. Generously sized, well-appointed one bedroom suites complete with kitchenettes and sofa sleepers are available for only a few dollars more. We also offer one bedroom suites with breathtaking balconies and terraces. Even in the cold weather these suites are very popular. There's just something incredible about the thrill of looking down on Lexington Ave from more than 16 stories high. Our staff will extend genuine and attentive service and I am so glad you felt their caring attitude. We want to remain your hotel of choice in NYC.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed here one night for business and booked through a third party travel site. My rate for a one bedroom suite was very good. The hotel's location for midtown business and neighborhood fun/safety is great. 90% of the staff is extremely welcoming and friendly, from the doorman, to the front desk, to the housekeeping team. They made me feel at home.

BUT, I was on the 3rd floor alond Madisog Avenue, nice corner view but really noisy at ALL times. So, if you are going to stay here, go high -- up above the 5th floor. That still might not prevent you from hearing other guests in their rooms but it will imporve your stay greatly. The rooms are big and the beds comfortable but the furniture, and layout are sub-par. The bathroom is near the entry door and tiny. Very odd. The heating units are way too noisy.

I didn't try the National Restaurant but it was hopping so perhaps it is good. The workout room is small but well equipped so, management/owners get credit for this.

All in all not bad, worth a try, but go high.

Dear CGCx,

Thank you for your splendid review. You mentioned so many great features of our hotel and I appreciate your recommendation! Our staff is passionately committed to providing genuine and attentive service. Our Midtown location is super convenient for business travelers with hundreds of major corporate offices within 5 minutes of the hotel. I will pass on your generous compliment of our Fitness Center to our Design team - they did an outstanding job renovating the gym and we have all new equipment by Technogym, official supplier to the Olympics. I will be working with the team to ensure that the issues you experienced are remedied. We listen to our guests and take great care to ensure what our guests experience reflects the very high standards we strive to uphold. When your travel plans bring you back to NYC please contact me directly at jegol@thebenjamin.com.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Although we have lived elsewhere for the past twenty-five years, we still consider New York City to be our hometown. We visit several times each year and always stay at The Benjamin, which we have come to think of as our home in New York.

The Benjamin provides very good value. Besides being in a convenient location, the service is consistently excellent. The doormen are courteous and helpful, the concierge is knowledgable, and the people – from the managers down to the engineers, as well as the folks who clean the rooms – go out of their way to be of service. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. We have come to especially appreciate Khady Faye at the reception desk. Khady truly extends herself to be helpful.

If we did not have The Benjamin, it would not be an easy task to find a comparable hotel in New York.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Donna And Tom M,

You've shared an extraordinary review and I am so thankful! Our entire team appreciates each new visit and your continued loyalty over the years means the world to us. I completely agree that our team exudes a passion for service that is hard to find and very special. We cherish and nurture our guests in the spirit that we will remain your destination of choice in NYC. All of our features revolve around ensuring you will be at your best during your stay. With our Rest & Renew Program you can choose from a menu of 10 different pillows, rejuvenating spa and salon services, or even a sleep consultation with renowned sleep expert Rebecca Robbins.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I travel to NYC rather frequently and usually stay at a larger chain hotel in midtown. I decided to stay at The Benjamin due to its proximity to a special event I was attending. I was unexpectedly delighted with the boutique atmosphere of the hotel. The service was excellent and I always felt like welcome guest. This is definitely on my short list of great places to stay in NYC.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Natasha L,

Your review is a welcome delight! I am thrilled that you decided to try our wonderful hotel for the first time. Everyone at the hotel shares a goal to help you be at your best and make the most of your NYC visit. I hope that your special event was outstanding and whether you will return for the event again soon or for one of your frequent visits to NYC, we want to remain your destination of choice. We know that travel is one of life's great pleasures and that's why we participate in the Stash Hotel Rewards program. Our Reception team can sign you up to begin earning valuable benefits that you can redeem for free stays at any Stash Partner Hotel which are all distinctive, independent hotels that truly reflect the spirit of their location across the US.

Assistant General Manager

Been to The Benjamin? Share your experiences!