“Superior customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Benjamin

You added The Benjamin to your Saves list
The Benjamin
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 East 50th Street, at Lexington Avenue, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #94 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Port Jefferson, New York
“Superior customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The Benjamin is the hotel that you should make your accommodations either that of a short stay or a wonderful family weekend in NY. I have stayed at The Benjamin on numerous occasions for business purposes and from the minute you walk in the front door you feel at home.

Khady a wonderful associate of The Benjamin, is one of the main reasons that my stay is ever so pleasant. From my reservations, to any special requests ,or a phone call that is made during my stay to make sure that all my accommodations are fulfilled, she represents the professionalism and care that any hotel would be proud to have as a representative of who they are. Elias, another associate is wonderful as well,always so accommodating and professional!!

All associates at The Benjamin are wonderful, the accommodations are lovely and the dining in the hotels restaurant is excellent.

There is no doubt that The Benjamin is the hotel of my choice , make it yours, you won't be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Suite 2601 a home away from home....
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear 759Deborah,

You’ve made our day with your phenomenal review! Thank you for recognizing the service of two of our associates, Khady and Elias. The personalized service you received from them represents what our entire team will deliver to each guest. We aspire to provide a welcoming sense of arrival that sets you at ease the moment you walk through our doors. Our experience sets us apart with features like our Rest & Renew Program, award winning cuisine from Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian and rejuvenating salon and spa services from Federico Hair & Spa.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The Benjamin is a first class hotel! The staff goes above and beyond what is expected. The rooms are very clean and inviting. The National Restaurant at the Benjamin is such an added bonus. This is definitely the place to stay on your next visit to New York whether it is business or pleasure!!! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear BCB0st0n,

Thank you for your glowing remarks. I truly appreciate that you took the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. Our rooms are generously sized, well-appointed and spotlessly fresh and clean. Our team is dedicated to making sure your experience is flawless and your visit to NYC is filled with fond memories and a sense of accomplishment. We offer unique amenities such as our 24 hour fitness center with equipment by Technogym, official supplier to the Olympics. The perfect choice for families as well, our renowned children’s bedtime program Winks’ Kidzzz Club, features a library of bedtime books, child size robes, a plush Winks Owl and much more.

Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Very nice place to stay, good staff, good localization, good food, good amenities
furnitures are good, the bath is little small, tha electronics are good,
Near the Rockfeller center, near Broadway, near madison and Lexington

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Adriana C,

Thank you for your rave review of your December stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed all the offerings that we have available in both the Hotel and The National Bar & Dining Rooms by Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian. Our location in Midtown is ideal for folks traveling on business or leisure. We are 1 block from the subway and 3 blocks to access Grand Central in addition to premiere shopping along Madison and Fifth Avenue and Rockefeller Center. All 209 rooms have been newly designed and renovated by Rottet Studio. I am pleased you enjoyed everything in your guestroom. Next visit, I hope you will try our Rest & Renew Menu informed by Sleep expert Rebecca Robbins which is completely rejuvenating.

Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here over the holiday festivities and it was perfect! My fiancé and I were extremely pleased with this hotel with its clean rooms and welcoming staff. One staff member, Elias, was exceptionally helpful with us.

• Stayed December 2013
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Cdegroff,

Your radiant remarks have made our day! Our team is delighted to celebrate that your experience at The Benjamin helped you to make the most of your visit to New York City. Our 209 rooms and suites are all newly redesigned by Rottet Studio. Each room is generously sized and spotlessly fresh and clean. Our passionate staff makes everything possible in the hotel. Thank you for recognizing Elias from our Bell/Door team in you review. Every associate on our great team is focused on your rest, renewal and ensuring your stay is filled with fond memories.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I came to stay at the Benjamin (aka my new "NYC home") with my daughter for a Christmas shopping extravaganza. We had such a wonderful time with the help of the staff at the Benjamin. Our tired feet and heavy bags were always met with professionalism and care. The rooms were HUGE for New York standards and the decor was fabulous. I was especially surprised by how well I slept considering my usual sleep challenges, but the pillow menu surely delivers. We will ALWAYS stay at the Benjamin- our oasis in the big city. PS the restaurant was AMAZING.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear surabela,

You've made our day with your spectacular review! I appreciate the time you took to share your positive experience on Tripadvisor. Our team puts such a huge emphasis on preparation behind the scenes to be at their best for each guest. Knowing that you will be back is the best gift we can receive. We want to be your destination of choice in NYC. Our rest and renew program is like no other in the world and I am so glad our 10 choice pillow menu enhanced your stay. I hope you and your daughter will join us again soon and again for the holidays in 2014 for another extravaganza!

Greenville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The hotel is well located...staff appeared friendly...BUT...the carpet was so incredibly dirty..it spoiled anything else that may have been worthy of more stars.....shared suite with adult son so when the sofa bed was out there were sharp, dangerous edges because the coffee table had to be set at an angle making it impossible to manage. Lesson learned...if there is a deal or no deal on the price, ask to see the suite before accepting a key...

Room Tip: Avoid suite 1010 until refurbished
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear E S,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel's great location and that it suited your travel plans. We are a short walk of the best there is to do in Midtown. Our staff offers every guest genuine and attentive service. I appreciate your recognition of the team's efforts to engage you and your son during your stay. As for the housekeeping items you mentioned, I was dismayed to read your remarks as they do not reflect the overall efforts of the team to meticulously prepare each room. I apologize for the inconvenience and its impact on your overall experience. I have completely addressed and resolved these issues and I would be delighted to host you again. I hope you will contact me directly when your travel plans will bring you back to NYC.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have stayed at the Benjamin since its opening. The rooms are still as nice, but the little extras that make a hotel exceptional are missing. We stayed this time, due to location and pricing during our New Years visit. Rooms are sized nicely by NY standards, bathrooms extremely small with no counter space.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Kenneth P,

Thank you for your 14+ years of loyalty to The Benjamin! I am delighted that we have received a review from you on Tripadvisor. I hope you will review us with each future visit. Please contact me directly so I may speak to you about the details of your most recent visit. We are always listening to our guests and every service we offer is designed with our guests in mind. We have guest rooms, studios and suites of all varying size and layout. I know that we have the just the right room for you to accommodate all of your desires. All 209 rooms and suites are newly designed by Rottet Studio. My email is jegol@thebenjamin.com and my phone is 212.715.2500.

The Benjamin

Been to The Benjamin? Share your experiences!