“The Benjamin is a Must!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Benjamin

You added The Benjamin to your Saves list
The Benjamin
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 East 50th Street, at Lexington Avenue, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #96 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“The Benjamin is a Must!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at The Benjamin on many occasions and the staff and Concierge always make us feel at home! Thanks for the wine and cheese plate, that was a nice surprise after a long day. Sitting on the terrace was wonderful! You guys are the best, see you again soon!!! Frank C

• Stayed September 2013
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Cuc977,

Thank you for your continued visits at The Benjamin. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy your stays with us and you find the Concierge and associates make you feel at home. I look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Joe Gaeta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I spent three nights at The Benjamin Hotel with a traveling companion. The hotel is pretty centrally located, two blocks to the bus stop and three to the subway station. Our room (a junior suite) was spacious. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet, despite the street noise. Housekeeping forgot the top sheet to my bed but remedied that the second night. The amenities were adequate and it was convenient having a mini-kitchen for morning coffee/tea. The sofa bed was fine for my companion and we each had plenty of privacy. We did have breakfast at The National, the hotel's restaurant, and the food was good - not great, but good. I ordered tea with my meal and it never received it, even though I asked for it three times. We also stopped into The National for a drink after the theater on Saturday night and they were closing up at 11:30. Seemed a bit early to be closing, but they accommodated us, nonetheless. The concierge was supposed to make a reservation at a local restaurant, but the restaurant had no record of it. We also asked her to print our boarding passes for later in the day, but when we returned to the hotel it took the staff about 10 minutes to find them. The front desk staff were all friendly, but not always helpful (with directions mostly) and the Door Staff seemed pretty indifferent. All-in-all it was a great stay, despite minor blips.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite was perfect for two. Very roomy.
Dear nov854,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Benjamin. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your spacious suite, comfortable bed and kitchenette. I sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your stay. I have shared them with my operations so they may learn from the feedback. I hope that we may welcome you back to The Benjamin on your next visit to New York.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed at the Benjamin last week, really great hotel. The staff are incredible helpful and friendly. Plus the bar ajoined to the hotel "The National" is a great find. Perfect for a cocktails and dinner.

Room Tip: Choose the side off Lexington - might be quieter - however all rooms are high.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear 289kateE,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on The Benjamin. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our team to helpful and friendly. I was also pleased that you had a chance to try The National. It is a great restaurant and we are proud to have The National inside our building. We look forward to having you with us again on your next visit to New York.

Linwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I stay at The Benjamin whenever we can get a week-end getaway to NYC. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else as it's so great in so many ways. The staff are consistently courteous and professional, our room is tastefully decorated, clean and cozy - the location is great - it's in a quieter neighborhood, yet walking distance to all the shops and theatres. The Benjamin does everything right!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear pdsmith68,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your “weekend away” at The Benjamin. I am also pleased that you enjoy the gracious hospitality of our associates and the comforts of our rooms. We look forward to having you back at The Benjamin during your next “weekend away” in New York.

barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed 12 nights at this hotel to attend US open.Good hotel for access to Metro line 7 to Willets Point/Flushing Meadow from Grand Central Station.8 blocks down Lexington Avenue.(easy walk)
We stayed in a one bedroom king suite with partial kitchen (large fridge but only microwave in kitchen)
The bathroom was small (we were in room 1708)and shampoo etc was in bottles 0n shower wall .Have not seen this for years and as a top NY hotel this was not impressive.
our rate varied every night
I do ask for rate plus taxes to give me a better idea of final costs.
Staff were pleasant and helpful and stored packages sent to hotel before our arrival.
When in NYC we walk a lot(we are seniors)and once you master Avenues and streets East and West NYC is not difficult to manage.Taxis were cheap compared to London.From JFK to MANHATTAN allow $70US includes tip.30-45-minute drive to city hotels We would stay at this hotel again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear cindy6543,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Benjamin. I am pleased that our hotel provided a great spot for you to stay while attending The US Open. It is great that you were able to walk to many of the destinations of New York around the hotel. We look forward to having you with us again for the 2014 US Open.

Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

While the value and location of the hotel was very good, the service was lacking at times. Multiple times a door man was not present which I would have not paid as much attention to had it not been for the prostitutes sitting in the lobby one night that approached my friend and I in the elevator. After declining their advances in the elevator and on the 21st floor, they left us alone. Clearly concerning from a safety standpoint with my friend's kids and wife in the hotel room a few feet away I brought this to the attention of the management. They appeared to be receptive initially and asked for an email further detailing the occurrence. Following evening returned to hotel and again the doorman was not present (there was someone behind the desk but this is not the best for providing security to anyone who wants to walk in). it has been 30 days and still no response from management on my email. Though the hotel has a good reputation and the rooms themselves were very good, I would rather stay someone where else in the future to avoid the hassles mentioned.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear eric b,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously and I apologize that you did not experience that while with us. I would like to personally discuss the entire situation with you. Please reach out to me directly at 212-715-2523.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Just returned from 5 nights in NYC and stayed at The Benjamin for the first time. The hotel is great - an oasis in the city! We stayed in a deluxe studio with 2 queen beds and a useful kitchenette. Very comfortable beds and the choice of 12 different pillows is a nice touch! Our room safe failed a couple of times but was attended to immediately when reported. The midtown location is excellent for discovering the city and with a subway station a block away the rest of the city is also accessible!

We had breakfast and an evening meal in The National - the food and service were excellent. The hotel has a great vibe about it - mainly down to the staff who were all very helpful and courteous! A special mention to Ronnie in the restaurant and John at the door! The Benjamin met and exceeded our expectations and we would recommend it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
The_Benjamin, General Manager at The Benjamin, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear maryfeens,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Benjamin. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room, pillow menu and kitchenette. Thank you for your praise about Ronnie and John. I have passed along your kind words to them. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed The National for breakfast and dinner. I look forward to your next visit to The Benjamin.

Joe Gaeta

Been to The Benjamin? Share your experiences!