“the best nook ever!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Benjamin

You added The Benjamin to your Saves list
The Benjamin
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 East 50th Street, at Lexington Avenue, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #94 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Valencia, Venezuela
“the best nook ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Flawless - from the moment the doors are opened, the hotel crew is 100% taking care of you. True smiles from Cora at reception, lively bar & restaurant and postcard suites - and that is not even the half of it! Because, our family chose it for its location; at the heart of Manhattan, PERIOD!! starting with, the restaurant Noire being so close I couldn´t believe it. No need to search further- truly!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great locations,with nice rooms,nice gym,good resturant and great service from plecant people.good tips for tourists from the concierge,who showed us places to shop, good resturants and places to see.

• Stayed May 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at The Benjamin Hotel from 11/28/12 through 12/02/12 and was given great and detailed service the entire time! The concierge was extremely accomodating - I specifically want to mention Angelo Roa who went above and beyond to make us all feel welcomed and cared for. Excellent service all around!

Room Tip: The suites have an awesome view from their balconies!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights for our first trip to NYC. We had a fabulous trip, in no small part due to the management and staff at the Benjamin. They made us feel welcome with special attention, the concierge made excellent restaurant recommendations, and we were sad to leave. Right across from the 6 and 3 blocks from other lines that make it quick to get ANYWHERE. When we come back to NYC for our second NYC trip next year, I can take hotel planning off of my to do list. Why look elsewhere when you find a gem like the Benjamin?

• Stayed December 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I am not representative of the Benjamin's normal clientele. It's a Hotel that I probably would not normally be able to afford. And a hotel I might even have been intimidated by the prospect of staying at...(it seemed very chic!) I stayed there solely by virtue of the Hotel's generosity to a non-profit group in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. I'd just like to highlight the kindness and professionalism of the staff to myself and the team I was working with. I did not catch the name of the manager working on the night we checked in (5 November, I believe), but I wish I had. He and the concierge on duty that night helped us make sure we had the safest route for travel to the place we'd working in the morning. Got us a bit of insider information on the neighborhood (one of the desk clerks was from that neighborhood.) And even though I am sure we were staying at the Benjamin only by a steeply discounted rate or other in-kind donation...you would have never guessed that we were anything but regular guests. I'd also like to note the kindness of the doorman- I was not sure what the proper amounts for tipping the Parking Valet's was...and was pretty sure my non-profit expense account couldn't begin to adequately cover it. The doorman went out of his way to help me figure it and was incredibly kind in the process. It's all sort of blur now and we were only there for a couple of nights...but if I ever get back to Manhattan I will definitely try to stay at least one night there. The staff taught me a lot about how classy and how KIND real New Yorkers are. What a great Hotel in a great city. I heart the Benjamin and I heart New York.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The front desk clerk was very accommodating when I asked to check in early -11am- since I told her i wasn't feeling well. In fact, she went to the restaurant to get me club soda.
The room was great - wonderful bed.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We booked a junior suite and were upgraded to a beautiful 2 room corner suite with mini kithchen. Classy, quiet, small hotel across from the Waldorf and close to the park and theater district.
Expensive but excellent restaurant downstairs..... our breakfast was included in a special.
Thoroughly enjoyed our 3 day stay.

Room Tip: Corner 2 room suite was spacious for NYC
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Benjamin? Share your experiences!