This is not a bad hotel, though you get what you pay for…and depending on the night, this can vary widely. I have stayed here more than any other hotel in NYC and would recommend it, though you should know what you’re getting into.
• This is in a very convenient location; close to the subway, restaurants and anywhere you could be working downtown.
• Although the rooms are relatively small, they are very well thought out.
• Water bottles are available on each floor to fill with cold filtered water (this is one of my favorite features of this hotel chain).
• There is a cool coffee Machine in the lobby that makes cappuccinos, Café Latte’s, hot chocolate and the like (free).
• Most days (not all), there are light snacks in the morning (granola bars, apples, etc.) and evening (a bowl of olives, tortilla chips, M&M’s, etc.).
• This location has a decent gym, which has two treadmills (even if one sounds like it is going to explode).
• The staff really makes it feel like a budget hotel; they can be straight up jerks at time and there is a big push toward self-service.
• Things are not always maintained. The cool coffee machine in the lobby is often broken or without milk. The cold filtered water fountains are often not working properly. One of the elevator’s is constantly broken, leading to long waits to get anywhere. I have also found the lights in most rooms often flicker. The handle to your sliding bathroom door with always fall off.
• This is a noisy hotel. You will not be able to hear your TV over the A/C unit. The white noise from the A/C may be a good thing in the evening, as the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything going on in the next room or in the hallway.
• The largest bed you can get is a queen, which is made by putting two twin beds together. These beds are hard enough already, though this leads to a hard ridge in the middle and an uncomfortable night’s sleep…followed by back pain.
• The rooms are not consistent. If you stay here multiple times, you will see that the rooms seem to be made up of spare parts.
• The remaining members of Occupy Wall Street are living (i.e. camping out, smoking crack, harassing people) on the sidewalk directly across the street from the entrance, steer clear if you can or you will be harassed.
• There is little to no mobile phone connectivity in the lobby, bad news if you are waiting for your car service to call you when you are waiting to get picked up to the airport.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Downtown Hotel
- Club Quarters Downtown Hotel New York City
- Club Quarters
- Hotel Quarters Downtown
- Club Quarters Downtown
- Quarters Downtown Hotel
- Club Quarters New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private, full service club-like hotel with 289 rooms located in the historical downtown Manhattan financial district of New York. A short walk from the Stock Exchange, South Sea Seaport, World Trade Center, and Battery Park. Nearby neighborhoods include Tribeca, Little Italy, Soho, lower east side, and China Town. The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island; departures throughout the day are available from nearby Battery Park. Club Quarters is the best value hotel based on quality and the prime location.Club Quarters provide:• Safe, restricted entry• Instant registration and check out• Free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water • 4 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 200 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates• Government per diem rates 365 day a year with valid ID• Laundry facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Club Quarters Wall Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.