This is not a bad hotel, though you get what you pay for…and depending on the night, this can vary widely. I have stayed here more than any other hotel in NYC and would recommend it, though you should know what you’re getting into.
• This is in a very convenient location; close to the subway, restaurants and anywhere you could be working downtown.
• Although the rooms are relatively small, they are very well thought out.
• Water bottles are available on each floor to fill with cold filtered water (this is one of my favorite features of this hotel chain).
• There is a cool coffee Machine in the lobby that makes cappuccinos, Café Latte’s, hot chocolate and the like (free).
• Most days (not all), there are light snacks in the morning (granola bars, apples, etc.) and evening (a bowl of olives, tortilla chips, M&M’s, etc.).
• This location has a decent gym, which has two treadmills (even if one sounds like it is going to explode).
• The staff really makes it feel like a budget hotel; they can be straight up jerks at time and there is a big push toward self-service.
• Things are not always maintained. The cool coffee machine in the lobby is often broken or without milk. The cold filtered water fountains are often not working properly. One of the elevator’s is constantly broken, leading to long waits to get anywhere. I have also found the lights in most rooms often flicker. The handle to your sliding bathroom door with always fall off.
• This is a noisy hotel. You will not be able to hear your TV over the A/C unit. The white noise from the A/C may be a good thing in the evening, as the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything going on in the next room or in the hallway.
• The largest bed you can get is a queen, which is made by putting two twin beds together. These beds are hard enough already, though this leads to a hard ridge in the middle and an uncomfortable night’s sleep…followed by back pain.
• The rooms are not consistent. If you stay here multiple times, you will see that the rooms seem to be made up of spare parts.
• The remaining members of Occupy Wall Street are living (i.e. camping out, smoking crack, harassing people) on the sidewalk directly across the street from the entrance, steer clear if you can or you will be harassed.
• There is little to no mobile phone connectivity in the lobby, bad news if you are waiting for your car service to call you when you are waiting to get picked up to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically situated in New York's Financial District, near the NYSE and World Trade Center, Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street, offers full service accommodations in a friendly, club-like environment. A short walk to South Street Seaport and the National September 11th Memorial and Museum, the hotel offers many complimentary services including high speed Wi-Fi, unlimited chilled bottled water, a fitness center open 24/7, and access to the Club Living Room, an inviting lounge designed for working, socializing or relaxing. Other services you'll find at Club Quarters Hotels: instant registration and check-out, greater security with keycard access to guest room floors, meeting rooms and office spaces, Guest Request Closets on every floor containing extra pillows, blankets and amenities, and complimentary coffee and tea in each guest room featuring Keurig Brewing Systems. Our on-site restaurant, The Bailey Pub & Brasserie, serves up breakfast, lunch and dinner and is a lively spot for cocktails. Upon request, guests can have air purifiers, ambient sound machines, and a "Sleep Better Kit" with eye mask, ear plugs and aromatherapy delivered to their room free of charge. Additionally, guests can work out in the privacy of the room by requesting an exercise equipment or a yoga kit, also complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Downtown Hotel New York City
- Hotel Quarters Downtown
- Quarters Downtown Hotel
- Club Quarters New York