“Small but nice!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters, Wall Street

You added Club Quarters, Wall Street to your Saves list
Club Quarters, Wall Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   52 William Street, New York City, NY 10005 (Formerly Club Quarters Downtown) (Financial District)   |
Ranked #231 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Burke, Virginia
“Small but nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed here for a couple days right before the holidays. I shared a room with my mom. All in all the room was kind of small but I guess that is to be expected in New York. I did think the bathroom was spacious. I thought that the desk was nice for working as I had a couple of projects that I had to work on that week. I thought the bed was nice and the TV was positioned nicely in front of the bed so that watching TV after a day of sight-seeing was relaxing (as I've been to some hotels that completely misplace the TV). One of the things I wasn't crazy about was that the hotel had a very business-y feel to it (as I was in NYC to be a tourist), but I guess that is to be expected when in the Financial District. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and thought that the staff were excellent!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed two nights at this hotel last minute around New Years when a lot of hotels were booked up. My son lives in Brooklyn so the convenience to the Subways couldn't be beat. We found the room through Hotels.com. When I arrived they informed me that my wife and I had a room with a full size bed.. But they upgraded us to a queen in a larger room at no cost! Front desk staff all the way to the housekeeping staff was exceptional. Brian, Anthony, and Michael were all attentive and sincere with us. (A smile and a hello everytime you enter the building goes a long way.) Free internet, bottled water, and not to mention great snacks in their lobby area for free as well! I will definetely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to NYC and needing to stay in the Downtown area.

Room Tip: A "club" room is their smallest room. It only has a full size bed.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

visited 28-31st December was worried we would be far out here but wall street subway line is just outside hotel. room was small but we were only in it to sleep. air conditioning unit is noisy and does let in cold air every so often, but not a major problem.Bed was just a small double. rooms are dated but clean. There is a deli shop to the right of the hotel does amazing wraps and sandwiches and sells crisps and drinks brilliant for when we first got there. Hotel has bottled water on each floor and iron and board for guests to use. We used subway to get around up to central park etc with many lines having a stop nearby hotel. We used the red line 1,2,3 mostly. Fares are $2.75 for one way and you could pay in cash or with your card. Hotel is close to Brooklyn bridge, 911 memorial and staten island ferrys. Amazing breakfast places nearby squires diner near fulton street and visit financier patisserie .There is a Abercrombie and fitch store near hotel (you don't have to queue) and also a tiffanys so you don't need to go up to fifth avenue. I actually didn't mind being away from times square as it was nice and quiet! We were on the fourth level and couldn't feel the subway trains . Loved my trip to NYC and this hotel was great for our budget!

Room Tip: might want to ask before you arrive at hotel for a larger room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay here at Club Quarters Wall Street, New York, NY. The service has been outstanding. I stayed at this hotel for 4 days. One day, I forgot to put my ring on and left it out on the bed stand in the open while I went out to tour the state. I was afraid to come back to an empty stand that night but saw that it was placed right where I left it. I couldn't stop thanking the employee that cleaned rooms on our level that night. Her name was Edilma (goes by the name Lulu). I very much appreciate her honesty and loyalty to her job and service at Club Quarters. I could have lost a very expensive and sentimentally meaningful ring. One could imagine how thankful and grateful I was for this lady's character of being honest. Aside from the room service, the men at the front desk are extremely sweet and helpful. They have accommodated to all of my needs and assisted me with my requests. Aside from the hotel itself, there's a restaurant that's linked with the hotel. The bartenders there are extremely nice and engaging. My friends and I had a very fun time conversing with them. Aside from the service, the hotel accommodates guests with filtered water, coffee/ tea, and snacks. There is truly nothing that I can complain about my stay here at Club Quarters Wall Street. If I'm back in NY, I will def look into this place again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 days during our trip to NYC. The room is modern and simple with everything you needed. Our standard size room has a microwave, small fridge, small coffee maker, and good water pressure. Complimentary filter water with water bottles in the hallway.The only thing I didn't like about this hotel is the room is VERY VERY small. Bathroom is tiny with not enough counter spaces. If you ever been to a cruise ship cabin, imagine the size of the room and bathroom. The heater was noisy at night. For some reason, our room was not cleaned for 2 days. But it was taken care of after notified the front desk. The hotel lobby is small as well. Big screen TV, 2 guest computers with printer, couches, chairs, and 2 tables with chairs for eating. Complimentary filter water, carbonated water, coffee machine with espresso, cafe latte, decaf, and milk available at all times. During weekdays, Complimentary snacks provided in the lobby during sudden hours only. In the morning, there's fruits(banana, green apple and orange) and cereal bars (available sudden times).

Subway is closed to hotel, restaurants are couple of blocks away, Wall Street is down the road, Battery Park to Statue of Liberty is walking distance from hotel. There is a restaurant attached to hotel, No restroom in the lobby.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I traveled to NY every week for over 6 months and Club Quarters Wall Street was a home away from home. Everyone is friendly and helpful especially Lisa. Over the 6 months staying there every week, she went above and beyond to make you feel welcome. She has a fabulous memory and an eye for details that makes each stay more enjoyable. Looking forward to traveling to Club Quarters Wall Street in the new year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Germantown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We found the hotel room to be very nice, recently updated, and looked to be oriented to business travelers, which we expected. The staff were very helpful and there was a filtered water dispenser with water bottles provided for guests in the hallway. While somewhat removed from the main areas of interest for tourists, with some practice and advance guidance, the subway is very nearby and opens access to the broader city.

We visited for a long weekend, and the area was understandably void of much pedestrian street traffic, but once Monday morning rolled around it was much more crowded (i.e., Wall Street is just a few blocks away).

For breakfast, the restaurant attached to the hotel has a mediocre buffet offering, which we found disappointing. Recommend finding a breakfast elsewhere such as one of the diners in the general area.

Overall, a clean, modern option for lodging when visiting NYC.

Room Tip: Be sure to do some research on breakfast options beyond the attached restaurant, especially on weeke...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple