“Great Stay in the Financial District” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters, Wall Street

You added Club Quarters, Wall Street to your Saves list
Club Quarters, Wall Street
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   52 William Street, New York City, NY 10005 (Formerly Club Quarters Downtown) (Financial District)   |
Ranked #212 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Fletcher, North Carolina
“Great Stay in the Financial District”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

A great deal on Priceline had me staying in the Club Quarters near Wall Street. Although the hotel is far from most of Manhattan's busy nightlife, it has excellent proximity to the subway lines (less than a block) and great access to the Financial District's attractions (Federal Hall, NYSE, Trinity Church, etc.) The 9/11 Memorial was about 15 minutes at the most from the hotel.

Check-in was handled professionally. Elevators can only be operated by swiping your room card (I didn't know this and felt like a dummy.) My room was rather spacious and well-appointed with a large tv, plenty of wall outlets, a nice desk and a very firm mattress. The bathroom only had a shower. I slept well here, and heard very little noise both in the hotel or from the street, nine floors below. The station stocked with water bottles was a great perk.

Nice stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel multiple times when in NYC for business and have always found it a good, clean and welcoming hotel. The Wifi can be a bit dodgy sometimes but I think that depends on usage / where you are in the building. The staff are very friendly, the gym isnt bad (not that I spent alot of time there) and the bar / restaurant is great craic. Its was also a 2 min walk from where I was working so its location is great for wall st and the surrounding area too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lille, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed with my wife in Club Quarters because it was quite far from the city center (which was our initial intention). The vicinity of Little Italy is an advantage as well, because we love Italian food, and have some Italian relatives back home. We've been in NY for a week, and almost every evening had a long walk to Washington Square Park (about 40 min one-way). These 7 days were very enjoyable, and 30% of this stay belong to Club Quarters.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

A few of my girlfriends and I stayed at Club Quarters recently and it was great. We booked a spacious suite that was perfect. It had a kitchenette, 2 flat screens, fridge and microwave. We were there to celebrate and there's a bar right next door. The front desk staff was great! Brandon helped us book a double decker bus tour and gave us directions on every place we needed to visit. Michael found us a late night place we could get a bite and Lisa always greeted us with a smile. I will recommend this hotel for any one looking for a great place at a reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2013
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed here. Anthony at the front desk was outstanding in every respect. The rooms were small, but ample for two. They also kept our bags for us on check-out day, until our time came to leave for the airport, a nice touch.

There are easy connections to all areas of the city via subway.

There was a lady who stayed on the computer in the lobby far too long, and should have been booted off, but other that that, no complaints whatsoever. Would we stay here again? Do the Yankees play in New York? 'Nuff said.

Room Tip: if the room you get is not quite what you want, you may be able to change to another.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We chose to stay at the Club Quarters Wall Street location, because Midtown was no longer available at the time of booking. Our stay was quite satisfactory. The room was o.k. and the public area pleasant. I checked in late and I did need to unplug the refrigerator in the room, which was empty at the time, because I found the noise bothered me while I was trying to go to sleep. The A/C was also rather noisy and I solved that problem by setting the thermostat higher. (Fortunately, it was not a hot night). My experience with the front desk staff was variable. One staffer was very friendly and helpful, but another seemed to feel it was a bit much to answer rather basic tourist type questions.

Room Tip: Check room for refrigerator and A/C noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed at Club Quarters' properties before, but this was the first time I've stayed at the one on Wall Street. The location is a good one -- just a block from the subway and in a nice neighborhood with fewer tourists than in midtown. The room was okay too -- small but, hey, it's New York.

When we checked in on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend they were doing some work in the room next door. We didn't say anything at the time, just dropping our things in the room and heading out. But when we returned at 5 p.m. the work was still going on -- though it seemed to stop around 5:30. However, at 7 p.m. the drilling and hammering began again. At 8:30 I finally had enough. I called down to the front desk. It took six attempts to get anyone to answer, as the phone kept ringing and ringing. The woman who finally answered had no idea when the work was going to stop. "Really sir, it's not very late to be doing work," she insisted. When I told her I wasn't paying $250 a night (taxes included) to listen to drilling on a Saturday night, she said she would look into it. Fifteen minutes later we were on our way out and the desk clerk hadn't called back. Down in the lobby I asked again about it. The desk clerk complained that she was "the only one here" and hadn't yet had time to ask about the construction noise. I told her I wanted an answer immediately and she huffed and puffed and acted as though we were being rude for bothering her. She told me she didn't have the authority to ask the workers to stop. Finally, she called a manager who told her to tell the workers to stop.

As we were checking out, an older woman -- who clearly didn't understand the concept of Club Quarters -- was asking the desk clerk (this one a man) about becoming a member. He sighed and rolled his eyes and treated her in an unprofessional manner as he snottily explained that membership was only for companies.

Although I generally have a good view of Club Quarters from past experiences, this experience will make me think twice about staying at a Club Quarters again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Quarters, Wall Street? Share your experiences!