“Close to Train Station” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eurostars Dylan Hotel

Save Saved
You added Eurostars Dylan Hotel to your Saves list
Eurostars Dylan Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   52 East 41st Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #308 of 449 hotels in New York City
Milton, Canada
“Close to Train Station”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The Dylan Hotel is located close to stores, Grand Central Station and the New York Public library. It was good walking distance to 5th Avenue as well. The hotel itself was clean, quiet and a great value.

Bathrooms were a little small and shower awkward, however very clean. We enjoyed our stay at the Dylan and would recommend it for couples or individuals.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

539 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I would like to acknowledge the support we received from all the hotel staff. All were friendly and efficient. The reception is very good, the hotel is very good and well located.

When I return to NY, I'll be there again

• Stayed September 2012
scunthorpe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed last week it was a great location for sight seeing.
Walk everywhere from the hotel & it was fine for me, as I don't do any exercise.
Times Square Grand Central Broadway 5th avenue easy to find.
Go to the Yankie Stadium in the Bronx it was an experience
Tip- cheaper places to eat & drink are in the higher street numbers , the lower the more expensive.
Hotel had free wifi
Staff nice
Rooms surprised how nice they were.
Tip no heating until November & it was cold.

• Stayed October 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Close to 400$ for a small room, no view, no hot water in the morning, shirts brought on hanger when asked for boxed... Nice personel, good lobby but still It was really not good. To avoid! Period! I don't understand how you can charge so much for so little

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Position was good but the rest was awful!Been travelling for so many places and have not come across certain things!When we check in, the hotel charged me the cost of the booking(booking.com)of USD1643.20 and i was told that checking out they'll charged me the difference.I only found out when we was in Niagara Falls they has charged me instead twice because my credit card was blocked due to exceeding the maximun amount allowed.This was due to the Dylan Hotel double charging my credit card,since they debited the amount of USD1909,23 at check out without crediting the amount charged at check in(USD 1643,20).After 9 days i'm still waiting for the credit of the amount debited twice.When we called the hotel when we was in Canada,Dylan Hotel told us that this was the bank's policy!So if you guys don;t wanna have the same experience of mine do beware of their policies.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ascot, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel is fine, nothing to write home about considering the USD375 per night cost, but the location is pretty great, just around the corner from Grand Central station so location will be a factor. My room is very dark and I can't open my curtains, they are stapled shut as they look straight into the windows of an office building - so midday in my room may as well be midnight, but at least I won't be accidentally sharing more than I would wish to with the workers across the way!

I am pretty annoyed that when I checked in yesterday there were signs posted up everywhere stating that there would be no running water at the hotel from 10pm to 6am because of urgent maintenance work - I think it's not actually work at the hotel but outside. It's now 6.30am and still no sign of running water... not ideal as I've been awake with jetlag since 2am anyway and so will many other jetlagged people in the hotel.

If the hotel can't provide basic facilities like water, then the hotel shouldn't have accepted reservations and at the very least some sort of advance notice would have been good to give us a chance to try to find another hotel.

I wouldn't want to be maintenance dealing with blocked toilets when the water does EVENTUALLY come on. I'm going to be late for my meetings now because I can't go to the office without brushing my teeth etc!!

Can you tell I'm MAD?

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

People are what make your stay-I mean, you can stay at an Awesome place, and I have, but the people are who make your stay-IMO. That said, the Staff here are top notch From the moment we walked in, they were great. A lady spilled her coffee while we both were checking in-the staff was incredible to her and made it no bid deal. We decided to stay in NYC one more night-we started out across the street at the Library, which I already reviewed. We didn't want to put down the large amount of cash Library was asking, so we went across the street to the Dylan. We were glad we did! Price was right on, room was clean and spacious-really spacious. Chemistry theme is cool-beakers in the bathroom for cups. Staff helped us with parking. I honestly would of given 4 stars if just reviewing the room, but the Staff made it worth a 5 star place. Stayed one night and would stay again! They have a cool room here-it is like a lab, or something to that effect. They said you can see the room if it is not occupied w/someone. It really sounds cool-worth checking out and maybe staying in! Thank You Dylan.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Eurostars Dylan Hotel? Share your experiences!