“Best hotel ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Muse Hotel New York

You added The Muse Hotel New York to your Saves list
The Muse Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 West 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free Parking
Ranked #39 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Hamilton, ON
“Best hotel ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

We stayed at the Muse Oct 4 - 7. What a fabulous place. I travelled with my BFF :) and my 18 yr old daughter and her 2 girlfriends for a Kelly Clarkson. We had first booked a Marriott C/W breakfast, and a last minute recommendation landed us at the Muse. The kids were a bit upset about the change UNTIL we arrived. OMG - the squealing didn't stop for 4 days. They soon got over having to buy their own breakfast and settled into the double pillow top beds, enormous bathroom, the pillows, bathrobes, large roomss , the glamourous bar, and don't forget the coolest bathrooms we've ever seen - in the front lobby. The hotel is spotless, and safe - I never feared for the girl's safety when they went to the lobby on their own, and the staff was top notch. We definately would return. Oh, and as an added bonus - Kelly Carkson's band was staying there - oh how the the girls squealed with delight at seeing these cool musicians in the lobby.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Distributi0nManager, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, November 18, 2009
Dear zeete,
We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Muse New York! I'm thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable visit. It sounds like your daughter and her friends really had a special experience, too! I'm happy to hear you'll be visiting us again. Until then, happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Polish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

I know NY pretty well and have experienced many hotels in the big Apple, mostly on business trips.
For once on a leisure trip and travelling with my friend, I was looking for a hotel that was not the huge building of 500 rooms, more boutique type, smaller size and nice decoration, that feels a little like home. Yet very near Times Square which was my friend's wish. I would have taken some distance from Times Square easily has a feared the crowd and the noise. None of that on this small street, when the hotel is 1 mn away from Times Square.
The hotel was exactly what I expected. Charming. The decoration met my expectation creative yet comfy and cosy. The room and bathroom very clean. The street quiet. The staff amiable (not always the case in NY). The wineglass invitation every afternoon is very pleasant after an afternoon of sightseeing or shopping.
I checked Kimpton hotels since, and apparently they are a US chain. I wish they were worldwide, I would be looking to try others.
One disappointment: I had booked a 'premier' room - supposedly a corner room, and I was not given the room I had booked and paid for in advance. The hotel was full and no chance to switch. Nor was I proposed a rebate. I was told I was given an executive instead, 'a good deal'. Difficult to check that I got a good replacement and I doubt still. I would have preffered a corner room. Management was not amiable or apologetic when I was inquiring.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

This was our second visit to a Kimpton Hotel and both stays have been literally perfect! The Muse is a fun hotel in a great location with truly outstanding customer service.

Every single staff encounter we had was positive. And some were downright unbelievable. I had forgotten to add my InTouch number to the reservation, but the hotel staff spotted it in advance and had me all set.

We had a superior king, which was just a bit more than a standard room. It was huge for New York and completely spotless.

What was especially nice was getting a totally quiet room, that actually had a view and was as close as we were to Times Square and Rockefeller Center.

We're sold on Kimptons!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Distributi0nManager, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, November 4, 2009
Dear TumbleweedandCactus,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Muse New York! We're happy to hear that your stay was so wonderful and that you had such great experiences with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back!
andover ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

stayed here at the Muse this past weekend. Walked in without a reservation even though online the rooms were around 249.00 on this particular weekend. Reservationist quoted us 389.00!!! We said forget it we'll go to the Comfort Inn across the street........suddenly the price came down to 309.00 hmmmmm. Anyway, the room was lovely, the bed incredibly soft. Rooms do look exactly as pictured. Only 1 block from Times Square, across the street from Havana Central restaurant.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Cornelius, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

Perfect location, right near Bryant Park and Times Square. Central to everything! The rooms are fabulous! They are renovated, clean and the beds are so comfortable. The bathrooms are a great size as well. Free wi-fi for Kimpton In Touch members. Wine hour every night in the lobby, you can't beat it! And the lobby and restaurant have just been renovated as well, and are just beautiful!

Service is great. I was checked in within minutes and when I forgot my computer cord, they found one in lost and found and brought one to my room immediately for me. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Distributi0nManager, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
Dear hawkeye0905,
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay at the Muse New York! I'm glad the location worked out so well. I'm happy to see you also enjoyed our evening wine reception and the free wi-fi! We look forward to welcoming you back!
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

Had a lovely stay at The Muse. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and modern. However, if you can upgrade to a non-standard room I would. The standard room (one we were placed in initially) was on a low floor and close to the hotel generators. The hotel staff were very accommodating and moved us quickly to a different room. Complimentary tea/coffee in the mornings were an added bonus. Would definitely stay here again.

Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

On Saturday, night, Oct 10th, the hotel next door (the night Hotel) had apermit for a special party. Despite us being on the quite side of the hotel, we and others we unable to fall asleep until approximately 4 am. The hotel staff, refused to take give up any compensation - not a penny (we only asked for one night free parking). Danielle the manager refused saying that the noise keeping us up until 4 am in the morning was beyond their control. Danielle recommended the I relate this story when making another reservation and I would get a better rate. He refused to give meanything in writing.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Muse Hotel New York? Share your experiences!