“1st Trip to NYC--So Glad We Stayed at The Muse!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Muse Hotel New York

You added The Muse Hotel New York to your Saves list
The Muse Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 West 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free Parking
Ranked #39 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Northern California
“1st Trip to NYC--So Glad We Stayed at The Muse!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

My husband and I just returned from our first-ever visit to NYC. I did quite a bit of research before we left, including alot on where to STAY! We settled on Times Square for its mid-town location, and then went from there. I checked numerous hotel reviews of various chains on TA, but having been a guest of the Kimpton chain before (in DC), I checked to see what hotels they had in the area. The Muse Hotel sounded terrific. We got a terrific rate for a large suite (Room 1802) which had a door that shut off the bedroom from the "sitting room" area. Nice for couples like us when one or the other may retire to bed earlier than the other. The front desk staff (Cory in particular) and door staff was top notch, always offering friendly greetings and eager to help. Concierge service was good too, they helped us book a helicopter flight over Manhattan on Mother's Day (my gift idea for myself - and far more fun than brunch, haha--it was AMAZING!). Top all that off with LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION and this is the perfect place to stay! Just off Times Square, between 6th and 7th. We could see the lights of Times Square from our window. We will definitely return to NYC and will only stay at the Muse Hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Polish first
Baltimore, MD, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

I've been staying at The Muse on and off for several years, even prior to Kimpton's acquisition. All the rooms have been redone in the past two years, and they recently unveiled a completely renovated lobby and restaurant. My most recent stay was just last week.

I am often greeted by name by front desk staff which is RARE in a city like NY. The rooms are generally spacious and well thought-out. The suites are generous and typically have two large flatscreens and a sizable bath. All hotel services I've used have been efficiently and pleasantly delivered. Food, which had been getting a bit long in the tooth, menu-wise with the old restaurant, The District, has recently been revitalized with the new restaurant, Nios. I've noticed that they even change/update the room service menu much more regularly than they used to. The have both wired and wifi internet, both are good, and are free with a Kimpton InTouch membership.

The location is stellar. While there aren't many exceptional views from the rooms (there are a few, though), being on 46th right between 6th and 7th puts you in the heart of everything for business or pleasure.

A great boutique contrast to the megahotels that are rampant in NYC.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Distributi0nManager, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 14, 2009
Dear BobinBaltimore,
Thank you for sharing your review of the Muse New York with our Trip Advisor readers. I'm glad you've come to find us as your hotel of choice in NYC and we look forward to your next visit!
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

Took my spouse into NYC as a surprise birthday present. We got a surprise but not what I was expecting (or paying for). The hotel lobby is completely gutted. I understand they may need to renovate but they should have told me when I made the reservation. The view from our room, hyped as a breath-taking view of NYC's theater district, was nothing more than the back of a few run down buildings. I have written them 4 times to complain and they have not yet once responded. I've gotten better treatment at a Day's Inn.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
MuseManagerNewYork, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 19, 2009
Dear liamoco43,

Thank you for your review on the Muse New York. On behalf of the Hotel, I am sorry that you did not know about the renovations scheduled from January through to the end of April. The renovations were completed on April 1st and all areas of the hotel are open for business. I do hope that you will give us a try again. I have emailed you directly through Trip Advisor and hope that you will respond.

Best Regards,
The Muse New York
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

Stayed here for two nights in April on honeymoon the hotel was wonderful small and very very good customer service.The room was smaller than we are use to but we were in New York th erooms were clean modern and had loads of lighting with a well equiped bathroom and nice soaps etc. Highly recomend excellent cocktails and also a wine and champagne reception free at 5pm cant beat it ...Would def stay again

Providence, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

My husband and I met friends for a weekend in New York. I am a big fan of Kimpton hotels and the Muse is no exception. A great, boutique hotel. The room, while not large, was big enough since we weren't spending much time in our room. Every single staff person we encountered was friendly and helpful. Even fellow guests on the elevator were friendly which is somewhat unusual for New York. We appreciated that the hotel was "green." Our room was very quiet--no street noise.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

Didn't know what to expect when I got a great deal trhough AAA for The Muse, but when I got there I was more than satisfied. The check-in was quick and courteous. The room was clean and somewhat spacious for New York. I wanted to go running, so they even had a small jogging map to take me through Central Park and back. Nevermind that the hotel was mere 100 yards to Times Square. I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

We stayed 9 nights at the Muse Hotel. This boutique style hotel is located just off Broadway, about a 2 minute walk from Times Square. A very funky foyer greets you as you enter the hotel. A video projected fire over fake logs create the fireplace, electronic video art and a bar/restaurant located just of reception. We stayed on the 15th floor, the only floor to offer larger rooms with a HUGE balcony. Decor is clean, funky and modern. Bathroom, while updated, still feels old if you look beyond the nice fittings. Limited room service but of a extraordinarily high-quality; coming form the kitchen of the hotels restaurant Nios. Free morning coffee and nightly wine tastings are a nice touch. Central to all Midtown has to offer the Muse Hotel is for those who enjoy the smaller, intimate style hotels.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, May 7, 2009
Dear dazman69,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Muse New York. I'm glad you found our hotel and amenities enjoyable. The wine reception is always a big hit! We look forward to your next visit.

Been to The Muse Hotel New York? Share your experiences!