“Very inspiring” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Muse Hotel New York

You added The Muse Hotel New York to your Saves list
The Muse Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 West 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #46 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
iowa
“Very inspiring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

My husband and my 11 year old daughter stayed at The Muse Hotel in New York City. It was simply perfect. Nothing more you could ask for.

We checked in at the hotel at about 5pm. The staff was very kind/helpful and when we got there and asked about restaurants, they hooked us up with the perfect one. We then settled down in our room and went for evening wine. The wine was from 5-6pm and was complementary. It was GREAT! They had different kinds that fit your taste exactly! It was in the bottom of the hotel in a quiet room. It was peaceful and the seats were comfy. They had some books you could read so you could accompany yourself. When we got back to our room, to our surprise there was a kids package for my daughter! It was full of 5star fun! But not only a package for her, but also for my husband and I. Since we signed up as a Kimpton member, you get a welcome gift. It includes a bottle of fresh spring water and a Godiva chocolate bar! How much better could it get? There was also another pack that had some Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioner. Also had some other useful things.

The bed was so comfy. And the room was so quiet... you didn't hear ANYTHING! The breakfast was DELICIOUS! They had all kinds of food. Fresh croissants, fresh juicy fruit, soft muffins, and lots of other yummy pastries. My husband drinks grapefruit juice every breakfast. At most hotels dont have it but here they had a wide selection of juices. They also had hot drinks.

The hotel was located shortly off the side of time square. It was located close to everything! It was perfectly centered! You were close to all of the Broadway theaters and was just a walking distance away from just about everything!

There are so many things you can do that is very close to the hotel! But this is a very wonderful hotel that I would recommend to ALL of my friends! And be sure to see Wicked on Broadway! It is the best musical ever! And the theater is VERY close by!

I have just 1 more tip for you... stay at this boutique hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Distributi0nManager, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, March 5, 2009
Dear shuffIowa,
I'm thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! It looks like you and your family were truly able to enjoy all of what the Muse New York has to offer. We hope to see you again on your next trip to New York!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Polish first
derby uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

We stayed at the hotel from the 1st jan to 8th jan 09. First and foremost the location of the hotel is excellent. When you step outside, if you go left it's towards times square, if you turn right its towards fifth avenue.

Me and my husband walked 80% of places we needed to go, even tho we went when it was -7, if u wrap up warm it was fine.
The receptionist were very helpful and gave us ideas on where to eat, and also made the reservations for us.
Our room was on the 16th floor and was nice a quite, with no disturbances.
There are a couple of things i wish they would change, a internet access room, to check email, or other information while on holiday, also we had a night flight, and because we checked out at 11am, we would of liked a shower and change of cloths before we went.
But loved the hotel and was a good experience, but would stay sumwhere else next time, not because of the hotel, but because new york is so big, and we would like to experience other hotels and locations.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

Had to change room because of construction site at back-yard.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
macclesfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

from the moment we entered the muse we were made to feel welcolme, nothing was to much trouble, we especially enjoyed the complimentary drinks served in the lobby every evening, this allowed us to meet other guests, the accomadation was comfortable and cleaned to a good standard, the noise level low, location perfect we will certainly stay there again

Stayed December 2008
Distributi0nManager, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, February 12, 2009
Dear edencare, Thank you for your recent review of the Muse New York. I'm very happy to read that you were so impressed by your stay with us, and that the staff went out of their way to make sure you were comfortable. I'm glad you enjoyed the location and the nightly wine hour, too! We look forward to your next visit.
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

Stayed Nov 2008 with my dog. Rooms are nice and spacious. Staff is excellent...checks id to make sure non-guests and uninvited guests get in. Complimentary breakfast refreshments. Great location, near Times Square...close to Virgin Megastore. Toiletries were L'Occtaine and other brands. Staff is prompt and will fix problems right away. Great decor and lots of furniture, but roomy and comfortable. Will definitely stay there next time I visit NYC.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
Upstate, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

This may be the nicest hotel that I've ever stayed in -- and it oughtta be for the price. We spent the extra money to stay close to the theater district. The rooms were absolutely gorgeous -- decorated in a fancy-modern style. The size of the rooms were larger than other places I've seen in NYC. The bed was super-comfortable, with a pillow-top mattress. The staff were attentive and helpful.

• Liked — Beautiful decor.
  • Disliked — Price.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

If I could give this hotel a 4.5, I would, but I am settling on a 4. My husband and I (27 and 30 years old) traveled to NYC for a long weekend. It was our first time in the city, so we wanted to stay near Times Square, but we also wanted more of a boutique hotel. So, we chose the Muse. We ended up getting a great rate (195/night), probably because the lobby was closed for construction. But, they also threw in complimentary continental breakfast, which was fantastic!

Our room was smallish, but the bathroom was large. We were on the 14th floor, so noise was not an issue at all. The room was clean, housekeeping was fine! There was one issue one morning with the elevators not working, so my husband had to walk up 14 flights of stairs and no one could get to the basement for the breakfast. But, they got that fixed very quickly.

The location was perfect! About a block of times square, close to the theatres, easy access to subways, etc. We really loved it and would probably return!

• Liked — The beds were so great and comfy!
  • Disliked — A little cramped.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Distributi0nManager, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, January 28, 2009
Dear nulawlady,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Muse New York. I can see that you enjoyed your stay, and I'm glad that the location, price, and comfort of the room were all to your liking. I wanted to apologize for the brief elevator outtage, and we appreciate your understanding. I hope very much that you'll be returning to visit us again!

Been to The Muse Hotel New York? Share your experiences!