“Romantic Place to Make Memories” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Muse Hotel New York

You added The Muse Hotel New York to your Saves list
The Muse Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 West 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free Parking
Ranked #39 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Bayonne, New Jersey
“Romantic Place to Make Memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I booked the Spa Suite at the Muse Hotel to cap off a celebration of me and my girlfriend's anniversary and as a location to ask her to marry me and the staff delivered in a big way. Not only was the room absolutely awesome (big comfortable bed, huge bathroom with a luxurious hot tub and big glass-doored shower, leopard-print bathrobes), but they met each of my requests perfectly and it was actually reasonably-priced considering it's in the heart of midtown, just off Times Square. I requested the Spa Suite with the balcony (there's only one of these in the entire hotel) and I wanted champagne waiting for us when we checked in and they not only gave me both, but they also spread rose petals around the room, which was a nice touch. It was the perfect location to make a memory that me and my new fiancee will remember forever. Thank you Klimpton Hotels, we will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: The Spa Suite with a Balcony is a great value, but tough to get as there is only one of them in the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Christian_Hernandez,

Reviews like this make us smile! We are thrilled to know that we were able to assist you in making some very special memories.

Congratulations on your recent engagement! We will look forward to welcoming you back again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Polish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

From check-in to check-out, our experience at the Muse was fantastic! This was our first stay at the Muse. Rooms were clean and pretty. Beds super comfortable. Staff friendly and went out of their way to help us. We celebrated our anniversary and the hotel sent us a complimentary bottle of champagne. Class act! Love this hotel and definitely will go back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear lucylew12,

We love reading reviews like this! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and love knowing we are now your favorite hotel!

Happy Anniversary again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hanover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Just got back today from a wonderful weekend in NYC with my 8 year old daughter (first trip to the city) and my mother-in-law. We had a wonderful time staying at the Muse! I had originally booked the Midtown Hilton but a few days before we left found a comparable rate and switched to the Muse and I'm so glad I did. From previous stays at other Kimpton properties I knew it would be a good choice, and it was a great one! We were upgraded to a higher floor and had a very large room (1602). More than enough space for the 3 of us! I had mentioned in my reservation that it was a special trip for my daughter, and when we returned to the room for the night they had left a wonderful treat for her with a chocolate taxi/chocolate dipped pretzels, and a plate of mini cupcakes with some bottled water. Plus a personal note telling us to enjoy our visit! Very nice touches. We did not spend a ton of time at the hotel because we were so busy in the city but it is the perfect location, very nice styling and super comfortable beds.
My only complaint- and its not really a complaint, more like a note of caution- is that next time, I would request a room further from the elevators. The first night the noise from the elevators kept me up a lot. No street noise, just the noise from the elevator moving up and down in the elevator shaft. It did not bother my daughter or mother-in-law and we were so busy we just decided not to bother asking to switch rooms- if we had mentioned it, I'm absolutely sure the hotel would have moved us without question. The second night we turned on the fan part of the a/c and it drowned out the elevator and I slept much better. If i had been staying more than 2 nights I would have asked to move.
Don't hesitate to stay here. So much better than the big-name generic hotels!

Room Tip: Request away from the elevators!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear lucylew12,

Happy Anniversary! We love knowing we are your new favorite hotel in New York City!

Thank you for complementing our entire team!

We look forward to welcoming you back next time.
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed at the Muse recently on a business trip. It was conveniently located in midtown, near Times Square and a multitude of theaters. Front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Valet and bellman provided outstanding customer service. Room was large and well appointed. Great size for 4 women traveling with all kinds of bags. Room service was excellent. The wine service in the evening was a nice touch. So was the coffee bar in the morning. Definitely will be returning to the Muse.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear kwebster,

Thank you for the nice review. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us from the room to the location as well as the extra amenities we offer.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This review is looong overdue. I have been to this property many, many times and everyone is absolutely wonderful! I travel quite a bit for work so have been to over 24 Kimpton properties alone, not to mention numerous Marriotts, Hyatts, Hiltons, etc... This MUSE hotel is head and shoulders above the rest. The location is only steps from Times Square and the rooms are lovely and fairly large for NYC. But the staff at this property are truly amazing and really make the experience for me. Barbara, Ivana and Cheryl (evening shift) at the front desk are always incredibly helpful and friendly. Wilmore and Haku (sp?) are exceptional bellmen and Maria (who sometimes runs the wine hour) is a joy as well. The MUSE is all around wonderful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ManagerMuse, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear TravelProf72,

Thank you so much for your review! We are THRILLED to know how much you love staying with us and we appreciate your loyalty.

Thank you for the fabulous shout-outs about our team.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I grew up in NY back in the day when you stayed away from Times Square. Now when I am there I find myself taking photos of how wonderful it is. In full disclosure I am addicted to the Kimpton family of properties. This one did not disappoint. From the friendly bellmen to the front desk staff to the manager - this property rocks. The restaurant is worth the trip on its own. The chef even took time to chat with me when he was on his way home from a long shift. He was easy to recognize as his photo is in the elevator. He was a delight. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed January 2014
ManagerMuse, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Sullivan45,

Now this is a review we love to read! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for mentioning all of our team as providing exemplary service!

We appreciate your Kimpton loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the Big Apple!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I found The Muse through a work program and was surprised at the low rate compared to other hotels in NYC. My colleagues were a little nervous for me until they heard it was a Kimpton hotel! Staff was friendly & accomodating- prior to my arrival and once I arrived. My room was larger than most hotel rooms that I have stayed in. Room was clean & very comfortable. Perfect location to walk to my office during the day and the theatre district at night. Would not look to stay anywhere but The Muse on future trips to NY.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ManagerMuse, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Carey L,

Thank you so much for your review!
So glad you gave us a try and were thoroughly happy with your stay and location!
We look forward to continuously welcoming you back... we hope to welcome your colleagues here too!

Been to The Muse Hotel New York? Share your experiences!