“Great Location!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Muse Hotel New York

You added The Muse Hotel New York to your Saves list
The Muse Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 West 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #47 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
macao
“Great Location!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 5 days and it was the perfect place! It was just steps from Times Square. Our room was at the front of the building, and it was a bit noisy---if I stayed again I'd ask for something at the back of the hotel.

Check in was quick and easy.

If you are flying out of LaGuardia Airport DON'T book a car service at the hotel. It will cost you around 100US. Instead---take a 2 minute taxi to the nearby Port Authority and you can get a shuttle bus to the airport for under 20US a person.

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the front of the hotel if you can.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ManagerMuse, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear akiat,

Thank you for your five star review! It is great to see you had such a wonderful time in the Big Apple!

Of course, the hustle and bustle of Times Square can be a bit noisy- but next you visit, we will be happy to block a room facing the back of the Hotel so you can be more comfortable.

We look forward to your return trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Polish first
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We've been staying at the Palomar Hotel in Chicago when we visit and thought I would try another Kimpton for our recent stay in NYC. Kimpton is on a roll. We really like the boutique atmosphere of these hotels rather than the huge mega buildings. There is a level of customer service that can't be matched. The location is terrific if you want to be close to theater but not right in the heart of noisy Time's Square. Our rooms were quite large and immaculate. Beds comfortable and bathroom big and well equipped. If you join their Kimpton club then the wi-fi is free and we are always given a $10 coupon to raid the mini-bar, a really nice touch. I look forward to trying more Kimptons in my travels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Vicki000,

Thank you for your warm and positive review! We appreciate you trying our property and are thrilled to see you enjoyed another Kimpton!

It is wonderful to read you found our service to be unparalleled- this is feedback that lets us know we are on a roll! We can't wait to welcome you back in the future. We hope you thoroughly enjoy our Hotels during your travels.
hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Location is great, a minute to Broadway and Times Square, rooms are large and bed is comfy. Contemporary decor and friendly staff. Tea and coffee in the morning - no kettle in the rooms. Wine and beer between 5-6pm, you can have a refill and take it to your room. You can't sit in the bar to have the free drink, only in the lobby. They have free bikes in the lobby that you can use to explore Central Park. They also let you have a helmet and lock for the bikes. They don't have free wifi so you have to go next door to the Irish bar, or to Starbucks.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear grayster2,

Thank you for the FIVE star review.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us (and sleep). We think our beds are like sleeping on clouds?

Please know if you join our Kimpton Intouch loyalty program (free to join) you actually recieve complimentary Wi-Fi as well as other fun benefits.

We hope you visit us again soon.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this hotel.
The room was a good size for NYC - we were 2 and were not crammed (king bed room). I did not like the fact that the bathroom was at the very end of the room (far from the bed). Despite being on a high floor, we heard a good amount of noise from outside. I woke up at 1 am one night because of a truck honking... The windows could definitely use some soundproofing.
The location is great if your business is nearby (in my husband's case it was 1/2 block away, so perfect). It would also be good if you are doing a lot of activities around Times Square (again, 1/2 block away).
The room service was ok - the quality of the food was good, but one of the 2 times we ordered, they told us it would be approx. 20 mins. and it ended up being 45 mins... They did not deduct anything from the bill to make up for this.
The gym is tiny though the machines are nice.
The staff downstairs was a mix of good and bad. There was a gentleman who welcomed us every time and was so friendly. There was also a bellman who was very nice. The majority of the ladies in the morning at the front desk were not very courteous or friendly.
They have a complimentary wine tasting from 5-6 every evening which is a nice touch but I would recommend you take your glasses back up to your room because the lobby gets very crowded!
Overall an average experience - nothing was really bad, but nothing positive enough that I would want to go back.

Dear Vanessa V,

Thank you for your review. We thank you for all the information you provided, as it helps us to focus on areas that may need improvement. We are sorry to see your stay left you with mixed feelings. But, we do understand the timeliness of your room service delivery and outside noise level could tarnish your visit.

We would love to have the opportunity to roll out the red carpet for you and do hope you decide to give us another try. Please reach out to the Hotel directly and we will be happy to assist.

We hope to hear from you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

First off, it is a Kimpton. Their intouch program is top notch. By being part of the program, all the Kimpton hotels are advised of all of my preferences when my reservation is booked. Down to knowing that I prefer a down alternative pillow and what newspapers I want delivered daily. Besides all those perks, they have a hosted wine hour every day from 5-6. How can you beat that?

The staff at The Muse, NY was superb. I have come to expect nothing else from the Kimpton chain. Our bellman, Wilmore, was extremely friendly and funny. Upon arrival he showed us our room and told us everything we needed to know regarding. Throughout our stay, he checked in on us every time we saw him. The rest of the staff was just as awesome.

I love the decor of the hotel and the layout was interesting. I am so tired of generic hotels. This is anything but.

We will definitely return should we find ourselves in the city.

Dear Kawelalove,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

LOVE to read our loyalty program is Top Notch! We appreciate your loyalty as a Kimpton Intouch member. We are glad to see we have continued to meet your preferences!

We look forward to seeing you back with us in the near future!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is the second Kimpton I have stayed in (Chicago being the other) and it was very nice. Besides being clean, for me the most important aspect is the staff and the staff at this hotel were extremely nice and friendly. Despite it's very close proximity to Times Square, my room was quiet even though I faced the street. The bed was comfy, the furnishings were pleasant, the shower was good, great speed on the hot water. The only complaint I could think of is the heating/cooling system is a bit loud, but that is the case in most hotels.
All in all a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear ScarlottaSavannah,

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us!

It is great to see even though only a half a block away from Times Square, you still were comfortable in the room.

We sorry for the noise level of the AC unit. We have an engineering staff 24 hours a day to assist with anything you may need. We hope to be able to fix this issue next time.

We look forward to seeing you back soon!
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Okay, so I was looking for a hotel in NYC. I'm not a huge fan of the city, but needed to stay near the conference I was attending. After reading the reviews, I was like, "Okay, sounds good." I booked two night and then realized that I had to book a third night. For some reason, the third night was on super sale, so the person on the phone suggested that I just book them separately to get the cheaper rate of the third night. K. The only catch was that I would have to check out and check back it. To make it palatable, I booked a room with a balcony for the third night, which ended up being the same price as the other room on the first night. Fast forward. When I got there, they upgraded me to the balcony room for all three nights (so no checking in and out). There was complimentary wine from 5 - 6pm, the lobby was so relaxing, and the food was so good (I had the granola for breakfast), I ate at the hotel the second and third night (the charcuterie was amazing). I do not have enough fabulous things to say about this hotel--it made my stay in NYC better than I could have imagined. :)

Room Tip: I had a corner room with a balcony. It was absolutely amazing.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear MCarhart,

Thank you for your five star rating! We are so happy you had such a wonderful time!!
It is even more amazing to read that we made your trip to NYC!

Thank you for visiting us for a few nights... glad you could take advantage of the balcony your entire stay... little surprises like this can truly make a special trip.

We look forward to seeing you back!

Been to The Muse Hotel New York? Share your experiences!