“Our Stay at the Muse Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Muse Hotel New York

You added The Muse Hotel New York to your Saves list
The Muse Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 West 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #46 of 461 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Our Stay at the Muse Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our experiences at the Muse have been excellent. The staff is very friendly and helpful and it feels like a home away from home. Our second stay at the Muse was exceptional.
We were very stressed when our flight was cancelled and we had to redo our reservations & stay another night. The staff was very helpful especially, Barbara, who took time to assist us in making new reservations. Barbara saw how stressed we were and was not only very sympathetic, but offered a wonderful deal for our extra night. This kind gesture allowed us to relax and continue to enjoy the amenities at the Muse and even see another play.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear frances m,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your second stay and appreciate the loyalty. We also feel like you are part of our family now!

Thank you for the great shout regarding our staff. We are so pleased to know what started as a stressful situation was quickly and easily turned around.

We look forward to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Polish first
Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had a reunion of college ('73) girlfriends and selected the Muse as our hotel. It was a great location near Times Square and the Theater District. We were happy with our rooms and the modern decor. The wine hour was fun as we enjoyed meeting other guests who were there to enjoy the city too. The themed bathrooms off the lobby are worth checking out. We tried all of them and my favorite was Rebel. We had such a great weekend that we are already planning next year and will plan to stay again at the Muse.

Room Tip: We were told to stay on higher floors due to noise but our 4th floor room was not a problem and we a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jahene,

Thank you for the awesome five star review!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us for what was such a special ladies weekend!
We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy the wine hour as a nice start to your night.

The bathrooms are pretty funky…. You must have had a REBEL of a weekend!

We look forward to seeing you ladies next year!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We are loyal Kimpton guests, and spent 5 nights at The Muse after a 3-night stay at the Eventi. The location cannot be beat, and a corner room at the back of the hotel was nice and quiet. The room was spacious, with great deco-inspired decor and a really comfortable bed. Hands down the best water pressure I have ever had in a hotel :).
The lobby and lounge are sleek, contemporary, sexy and comfortable. Best lobby bathroom in the city- seriously... you need to check it out.
The staff was great, and overall our stay was excellent compared to any other hotel chain. We had a couple of minor issues with housekeeping not replenishing a few things, and our mini bar was not filled upon check in (or for the next 3 days)- these were taken care of quickly once we advised the desk. The room service missed part of our order one day, and when I ordered the same breakfast 2 days later, we had gone from home-made granola to a box of Kellogg's, packaged single serve yogurt and no fruit. Kind of a let down.
This stay was FANTASTIC, but Kimpton has raised the bar for us so much that this particular stay fell short, especially coming from the Eventi where the service, amenities, room, food & beverage and overall experience was flawless. I am waiting for our survey from Kimpton to review the stay (usually sent within 2 days of check out), but nothing yet. We would definitely stay at the Muse again, and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away form the elevator, corner rooms are great and worth the price. Any floor...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear 604Carrie,

Thank you for your five star review! We love to read about Kimpton road trips- it is wonderful to see you experienced two of our properties in the Big Apple!

It is great to see you had an overall fantastic stay. However, we do apologize for the shortcomings you experienced with our housekeeping and restaurant service. We will make sure to forward this to the team so they can review and ensure only top-notch service is executed.

We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon so we can 'roll out the red carpet' during your next visit!
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I spent with my husband for 4 nights at Muse late July and early August and stay Hotel is very well. The stylish hotel room impeccable, the breakfast was decent, especially really near Times Squarre less than 0.1 miles street parrallel. The Top! This is my 3rd stay Nyc and without hesitation it is the Muse that I will return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Sylvie B,

Thank you for the five star review!

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the location to Times Square.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had an incredible five night stay in this wonderful, centrally located hotel. I have no ownership interest in the hotel, nor an I a shill. I just think this is an amazing hotel! I had a huge room, enormous by New York Standards. Sleek and elegant. Although I don't care for modern decor in my own home, the sleek high gloss black and white decor was elegant and soothing. Everything matched; nothing was extraneous. The bed and pillows were extraordinarily comfortable and the room was spotless. The linen was soft and luxurious. The bathroom was also huge and elegant, green river marble throughout. A friend said the room was bigger than her apartment. Surprisingly for New York, the room was absolutely, totally quiet.

It is a boutique hotel from Kimpton. I'm from San Francisco, so I know the chain. So much more comfortable than the behemoth hotels. The staff was courteous and very helpful. The concierges were wonderful. There is one in particular, whose name I've forgotten, but she's the lady with the monkey on her head in the recent New York Times article. (Sorry, I hope you still get credit for this mention, because you deserve it.) When I asked her how to get to the diamond district, she warned me to be careful, because they are so pushy. Great advice to the novice. However, I knew the store where I was going. On check-out, I showed her what I had purchased and she appropriately oohed and ahed. Any time, I asked how to get to a restaurant, a concierge printed off a sheet with not only the address but driving instructions. It's amazing how many cab drivers in the city don't know their way around Manhattan. They were great with a restaurant recommendation the first night.

Yes, I said "monkey" in the previous paragraph. The Muse accepts animals and as an animal lover, I was absolutely delighted about this. (my own dog was with her dog sitter). You didn't hear or smell them, but you saw them at the 5:00-6:00 hosted wine hour ever day. What a delightful end to a busy day or way to begin your evening. And to get to know some of your fellow guests, who were very interesting.

I loved the location; I walked everywhere I went (except to the National History Museum and Lincoln Center.) The only problem is a car can't make a left from Seventh onto 76th street, so I asked people to let me off on the corner. There's a great little cafe on the corner where I grabbed a sandwich the day I left and picked up food for breakfast.

The only semi-negative thing I can say is that the lobby is small and could be decorated better. It doesn't give the best impression when you enter. However, the only time I spent in the lobby was to meet a friend and to enjoy the cocktail party.

A friend was staying in at the Algonquin a few blocks a way and I saw her room, which was small, dark and dreary, as was the hotel...I don't think Dorothy Parker would meet there any more. What a contrast. I couldn't wait to get "home" to the Muse.

One comment not about the hotel, but about hotel taxes. I could not believe the number and amount of taxes added to my bill...If you're going to New York, no matter where you stay, you'll get hit with city tax, state tax, local tax, and a visitor's tax. Be sure to find out whether the price you're quoted includes those taxes. I wash pleasantly surprised to see the price of my room, compared to the price I had been quoted, but the latter included the taxes.

It is not cheap; After all, it is a Triple AAA four diamond hotel, but it was worth every cent. I would unequivocally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ManagerMuse, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear SFLB,

Thank you for the Awesome five star and thorough review!

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the décor of the rooms. We also love our beds… but again we are a little bias.

Thank you for the kind words on our concierge team. Sometimes the city can get a little crazy and we are so pleased we could help in assisting you get to your destinations in a seamless fashion.

Hopefully you can bring your four-legged friend with you to visit us next time.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed at The Muse Hotel for my husband's 50th Birthday, The Muse not only outdid every expectations I had but went beyond and exceeded them. Upon arriving in our room we had waiting a bottle of champagne and chocolate treats, had dinner at Nios, absolutely amazing food and service, then to top it off, on Monday they decorated our balcony Moulin Rouge style for our private dinner on our balcony!!! I cannot say enough about this hotel and their service. The location is absolutely perfect!! We definitely highly recommend this hotel, and will for sure be back!!! Thank You Again Muse Hotel for making this birthday celebration one that will never be forgotten!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Aguedo San Migu…S,

Thank you for the FANTASTIC review!

We are thrilled to hear we went above and beyond all expectations to make you and your husband’s stay an amazing one!

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the set up on the balcony to celebrate your husband’s 50th birthday.

We look forward to having you visit us again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We enjoyed a return five night stay in the Muse, a Kimpton hotel with a central Manhattan location on somewhat unlovely W 46 St, half a block E of Times Square i.e. too central for some tastes.

The décor is contemporary, with perhaps too much black. The public areas are small and sometimes crowded.

Our ‘King Premier’ 11th floor room and bathroom were spacious by local standards and the only irritant was the automated minibar, inappropriate in this type of hotel. Despite our high floor, overnight construction noise penetrated from the street.

Our one breakfast was disappointing - $32 for table service of two indifferent coffees, one industrial quality apple juice and two stale croissants. Try Starbucks or the Rockefeller Centre. The bar was dark and gloomy but not untypical of the area.

The staff were generally pleasant and efficient but we didn’t test them much. WiFi is free to Kimpton group members. Laundry was expensive. We appreciated the offer each evening of a complimentary glass of wine in the lobby.

We thought our room rate of nearly $500 (including four different taxes) rather high but it seems to reflect the current Manhattan hotel market.

Overall, we had a good experience but there is room for improvement and (at least for us) the location is more ‘central’ than ideal.

Dear globaltraveller200,

Thank you for taking time to give us a review. We appreciate your continued loyalty in staying with us.

We do apologize about the noise your experienced. Please feel welcome to contact us on your next visit as to ensure a quieter room.

As Kimpton Intouch members; be sure to reach out to our reservations team as to get some special rates.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Been to The Muse Hotel New York? Share your experiences!