“What a great hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Muse Hotel New York

You added The Muse Hotel New York to your Saves list
The Muse Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 West 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #47 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newbury, United Kingdom
“What a great hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel has it all, staff rooms restaurant all A1. If you want to be near Time Square location is great, road noise is only (minor downside). The staff are first class and the hotel even supplied us with complimentary contact lens fluid.

Room Tip: Go for corner rooms with double aspect
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ManagerMuse, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear JulianLewis,

Thank you for the five star review!

We are so happy you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel! We apologize for the noise you did experience. We hope the next time you visit; we can provide you a location in the hotel that is quieter even in the heart of Times Square.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Polish first
Larnaca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Muse Hotel for four nights for our honeymoon. Staff was extremely friendly and we got a perfect room up on the 18th floor, quite and very elegant, posh. Our biggest surprise was the bubbly champagne the staff of the Muse sent to our room in celebration of our honeymoon which was an incredible gesture that I will never forget (Thank you all!!!!!). Rooms extrememly clean, fresh towels provided every day, complimentary drinks in the afternoon at the wonderful hotel lobby was excellent (especially after a long day of sightseeing and shopping). The Muse is close to all the amazing things the city has to offer, right next to times square, close to subway that can take you anywhere you want. I would definetely recommend this hotel when visiting New York and for sure I will stay at this hotel when I visit New York again, hopefully soon.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors of the hotel if available
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Antonia K,

Thank you for your fabulous review!

Congratulations on your recent marriage, we are thrilled to know you had a great stay. It’s great to hear you were able to enjoy the wine reception after a long day sightseeing. We appreciate the recommendations you are giving us and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Close to everything ! Clean Clean clean.
Did I tell you it was Clean?
well it is!
You have to go to The Stardust restaurant !!!! It has Fabulous entertainment, up and coming singers, actors are the waiters and entertainment.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Oneriley,

Thank you for your five rating and the great feedback on restaurants! We hope to see you again in the near future!
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Muse in NY for 4 nights for the Specialty Food Association's Fancy Food Show. The most welcoming, helpful staff made it an unforgettable experience. The Bellmen, front desk, wine hour employees and bartender bent over backwards to make our stay the best. The room was large, comfortable and clean. The location was great as well. If you are going to stay in NY why not be in the heart of the action, Time Square? I will be back next year!

Room Tip: join their free rewards program.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jackie M,

Thank you for your FIVE star review! We are thrilled that all of our staff assisted it making your stay a memorable one. We look forward to seeing you and your husband again next year!
Glastonbury,CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I learned about the Kimpton chain from a well traveled new acquaintance. She explained that she is a little spoiled and likes the special treatment she has always recieved as a repeat kimpton guest. I thought her price point for accomodations was a little higher end than my own so I was excited to discover when planning a trip to San Francisco last year, she mentioned several Kimptons as options and suggested I give a NYC one a try as well, and I found the prices to be fair and specials often were running.

This last July 4, I decided we would forego the family picnic option and head into the city to experience the acclaimed NYC July 4th fireworks. I booked one of the larger highrise hotels of the usual chain we stay in in Times Sq as my husband prefers to be inthe thick of things. It was oddly a great price though not all surrounding hotels were as reasonable. I then received an email with a birthday gift from Kimpton, giving me 20% off their lowest rate. When I checked the website of the Muse, which is the closest to Times sq, it was even less than the deal I thought I had. I booked it!

The location is fabulous...about 1/2 way down the block from Times Square and the Tkts area if that's a location you like (husband does). In the opposite direction, meeting up with 6th ave and heading 3 blocks to Rockefeller center / radio city area...it brings you to another popular spot in NYC. Subway access is very close for several routes.

We arrived via train, walking from Grand central the short distance to the Muse. It was early though I'd hoped maybe we'd be able to get into the room to freshen up before heading out to grab lunch, explore and finally stake out a viewing location forthe fireworks on the Hudson. Unfortunately our room, a king premier , was not ready. The front desk person took my credit card info and completed checkin so once the room was ready, checkin would be quick.

We checked our 2 small bags with the bellman and we went off to explore. The lobby is small with several seating options; ice water and lemonade were available in the corner near the front desk. Be sure to check out the unisex restroom area, a large room with several smaller private bathrooms, each with its own sink..pictured in many photos on TA. Very unique and each has its own special touch.

We returned around 245 and our room was ready. When she handed out the keys, she asked who's birthday it was and when I said mine ! She said there would be a speical gift in the room to celebrate. I am also a kimpton member, which i signed up for on our SF trip since it entitles you to free wifi at all of their locations. the gront desk person explained that in addiiton as a kimpton member, I would get another treat, usually 2 drinks inthe bar but since the restaurant was closed that evening, she gave us two tickets for continental breakfast the following day. I also knew from our previous kimpton stay in SF, that if you knew the special secret monthly "password", there could be another treat which in this case turned out to be an upgrade to an executive king!!!

This is a two room suite on one of the upper floors. The room was spacious and decorated in the blackandwhite theme prevalent throughout the hotel. A great room. i will post photos .The front desk person reminded us of the wine hour at 5 and said there would be a special July 4 th celebration.

The wine reception is a very nice touch but the size and setup of the foyer area of the Muse really doesn't lend itself to "socializing" though maybe this was the case only for this day. Sangria, red and white wine was available as well as lemonade for kids. Most guests seemed to be middle aged and a few kids attended. They loved the red white blue candy bar which was the holiday surprise! Nice touch! The front desk people walked a round chatting with guests, had a few toss games with prizes and were very pleasant and welcoming. They all seem to love their jobs.

After the fireworks ( crowded but great!), we returned to our room to find chilled champagne and a chocolate Statue of Liberty...which I imagine was the extra birthday surprise!

The king bed was very comfortable as was the seating inthe living room; the bathroom was spacious and clean and water pressure excellent. Street noise was never an issue but maybe that's a factor of being on floor 17. It's a one way street and actually seemed to be a pretty quiet one.

The next morning we grabbed a complimentary coffee in the lobby and headed to Rockefeller and the Today Show summer concert series( John Mayer). After We enjoyed our comped continental breakfast, coffee, juice, croissants, muffins, small Danish, yogurt and fruit which was pretty good. I read on TA that it costs $18pp normally. I would not consider it to be worth that but this is New York!

It was a fabulous hotel stay. We will definitely return though we usually tend to daytrip it to NY. Prices seem to vary greatly depending on the day so keep checking or try a few options. I think I am sold for the future on the Kimlton chain and will always look to see if there is one wherever we are heading!

It very personalized and a great location.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerMuse, Front Office Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear kktraveler,

Thank you for such a FAB review! We are so pleased you were able to enjoy all of the fun extra amenities we had over July 4th! We appreciate your loyalty with Kimpton InTouch and hope to see you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Thanks to the management for 1) upgrade to a suite- nice! 2) friendly service. Our room on the 17th floor was very quiet, comfortable, spacious. So convenient to the theatre, which was the reason for our visit. Enjoyed two great neighborhood restaurants nearby- Evergreen Diner and a Cuban restaurant across the street.

Room Tip: high floor, less street noise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ManagerMuse, Manager at The Muse Hotel New York, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Mary B,

Thank YOU for enjoying the suite upgrade... and for the five star rating! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to see you back soon!
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I were in New York to celebrate her 60th birthday. I was able to arrange flowers for my wife upon arrival. Additionally, the hotel provided complimentary champagne and chocolate. Barbara Los, our concierge, made all of the arrangements for our stay including the complimentary items. Barbara also made some dinner reservations for us and recommended some fine eating establishments. The hotel and service, exceeded our expectaions and Barbara make the celebration weekend very special for my wife.

Room Tip: Try to get an eStandby upgade, it will be worth the extra money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Scott R,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

We are thrilled to share such a special occasion with your wife and you! All the planning and arrangements were definitely worth it! We are so happy our concierge, Barbara, was able to assist with making your time with us even more memorable. We hope to continue to share more special moments with your family! We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Been to The Muse Hotel New York? Share your experiences!