“beware of the construction noise” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Muse Hotel New York

You added The Muse Hotel New York to your Saves list
The Muse Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 West 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free Parking
Ranked #39 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“beware of the construction noise”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2008

I stayed at this hotel recently after reading the positive reviews. Unfortunately, when I booked it, I was not given notice of the construction on the street that was ongoing on one side of the hotel. The noise was terrible, starting early in the a.m and ending at approx 5. When I asked the front desk about why I was not advised of it, the person there truly did not seem to care and said all guests on that side of the hotel need to deal with it - not just me. She said the hotel was fully booked that night and she could not move my room. Notwithstanding I advised that I was never advised of the noise in advance, she said she could do nothing for me - that's it. When I continued to ask about why I did not receive notice in advance so that I can decide on my own whether to stay at another hotel given the noise, she advised she would speak to the manager. Again, unfortunately, nobody got back to me. I did not follow up because, at that point, I decided that the lack of any concern on the part of that individual would lead me to not stay there again. While the rooms are nice and clean, and the other staff, including the bellboys were quite helpful, her complete lack of concern was really off putting. I will try another hotel next time.

Stayed February 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Polish first
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

The Muse is an excellent choice of hotels in the Times square area. A block from the square and very comfortable and elegant. The staff was exceptionally welcoming and professional. I would stay at this hotel again. Nothing negative about the experinece at all.

• Liked — Professional staff
  • Disliked — Everything fine
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portsmouth, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2008

Great little boutique hotel. Room was large, clean and very comfortable. Hotel is a 2 minute walk from Time Square. Staff were friendly - nothing too much trouble. Can thouroughly recommend this hotel. Will stay here again.

• Liked — clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2004, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2008

Had a good stay at the muse on 1/11-1/14/08. Wasn't blown away by the hotel/room itself, but very friendly and helpful staff and awesome location if you want to be in the time square area. The biggest positive was that they allowed us to check in at 10:30AM. We were very impressed by that. The biggest negative was a noisy ac/heating system and some very loud construction (I believe it was jackhammering) being done close by. We stayed on the 6th floor, so the construction noise may not be as bad on the higher floors. That would be my one suggestion - ask for a higher floor and hope that dulls the construction noise. Other than that, an overall good experience.

• Liked — Location and Staff
  • Disliked — Noise - Construction and loud heating/cooling system
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cockeysville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

We stayed at the Muse on January 4th and 5th. This was our second stay. We booked the Muse at the last minute due to a reservation dispute with another NYC Hotel. We had a very positive experience at the Muse. The hotel is centrally located. The staff is very accommodating. Rooms are clean and well furnished. The daily wine reception is a nice touch. Several interesting restaurants and pubs are within easy walking distance as are the theaters in Times Square.

Our only complaint was that the heating system did not appear to be functioning properly and our rooms became quite warm. This, however, was a minor inconvenience. We would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — heating system a little erratic
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Bruxelles, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

The hotel is excellent. Location is fantastic (just off Times Square).
Rooms are large and elegant and beds are very comfortable. The atmosphere is very cozy, the hotel has definitely great charme also because it is not a very large one. Service is impeccable. Pity that rates are so high!

Stayed January 2005
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

I stayed with my parents at the Muse Hotel in NYC from Dec. 31-Jan. 3rd. We arrived around 10:00 A.M. and the room was not ready. They tried to give us a room at that time but didn't have anything available, so we left our luggage and left to the Metropolitan Museum. We got back around 2:00 P.M. and the room was ready (check in is at 3:00 P.M.). The Closing of the streets was affecting the access to the hotel after 4:00 P.M. on Dec. 31st but it was very well organized by the hotel. We had no problem moving through Times Square with the room key and a letter from the hotel. We stayed in a remodeled room with 2 beds (they are full size) and the room was fairly ample. Flat screen tv, mini bar, daily newspaper, robes, cordless phone, i-pod port...everything we needed for a great stay in the city. Check in was smooth and the hotel people were very friendly at all times. As other reviews mentioned, there's a wine reception in the afternoon at the hotel lobby, which was very nice. Didn't get to eat at The District restaurant so cannot comment on it. We were charged for some items from the mini bar that we did not consume but I addressed the situation to the front desk and they didn't ask any questions and removed the charges. The location is one of the best things about The Muse! It is closed to everything but on a street that is not noisy at all. Also, you get the personalized attention from a boutique hotel that is not found on a bigger chain hotel. I will definitely stay at The Muse again and again!!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — couldn't stay longer!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Muse Hotel New York? Share your experiences!