“They've turned me into a Kimpton lover!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Muse Hotel New York

You added The Muse Hotel New York to your Saves list
The Muse Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 West 46th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #49 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“They've turned me into a Kimpton lover!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 4 day vacation in NYC. We love boutique hotels and we've been wanting to try a Kimpton hotel for years now. I'm so glad we did! Everything about this hotel was perfect. We had a balcony room on the top floor (19th) which was large for NYC and had everything we could need. We could see Time Square from our balcony but not once did we hear any noise. Located at a half a block from Time Square, the location is simply amazing. You will get everywhere fast. They kept our luggage for us when we arrived as it was too early for our room to be ready. We also ordered room service one night about 5 minutes before the restaurant closed and they were not only able to accomodate us but it was also very fast and delicious! Loved the wine hour from 5pm-6pm every evening, which also included beer and sangria. Such a nice touch! It was also great that they always had ice water in the lobby and sometimes ice tea as well to help beat the heat.

My husband had emailed ahead of time to let them know it was our anniversary which is why they gave us such a nice room with the balcony. They also left us champagne, truffles and chocolate covered strawberries in our room for our anniversary which was very special! Make sure you sign up for the Kimpton In Touch membership...it's free and it gave us free wifi in our room and a $15 mini bar credit, which was very welcome after a long day of sightseeing. Everyone who worked at the front desk was incredibly helpful with directions and any other questions we had.

When we return to NYC, we will definitely stay at the Muse again! I will also be searching for more Kimpton properties to every city we plan on visiting from now on!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Polish first
Braeside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

As first time visitors to New York City, the location couldn't have been better...only steps away from Times Square and all the action of the Theatre District, restaurants and more. A great big thanks to Sarah and Barb for all your help, you made our stay first rate, while Ginger kept an eye on everything. Thank you for making our holiday so special.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Spent the weekend of the Tony Awards at the Kimpton's Muse Hotel, just off Times Square in the Theater District. Easy to get to ANYWHERE from this hotel.

Hotel staff was professional and accommodating, as usual. The complimentary wine reception was of trademark quality. The rooms were comfortable, well-appointed, clean and secure. I really like the Kimpton extra touches. The workout room was a good size with the equipment I needed.

Didn't try the restaurant this time as New York offers so many options and it was good to get out for a while.

I'd definitely return to this property when I visit NYC again.

Room Tip: Take a room at the 14th floor or higher.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had an amazing experience at the Muse! The staff went above and beyond to help us out in a stressful situation that included a trip to the emergency room for one of our party. I am a frequent traveler, but don't think I had ever come across a hotel staff that took care of us like these guys did. Linda and Sarah (and the rest of the staff) rock! I'm not sure what kind of customer service training they do, but it is the best! Stay here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I must admit that I stayed here for my dog. It was apparently the only hotel in town that allowed big dogs with no extra fee. We found ourselves in the heart of theater district and, though ear plugs lay next to our beds, I found it a very quiet sleep. Our show was half a block away. Our french restaurant was two blocks away.
I've taken dogs to other hotels, but staff just seemed to endure them. Not here. Though ours were the only two dogs, they were stars, but we were too.
The guests and staff seemed refreshingly unpretentious and eager to help.
One of the best moments of my trip came at the end of a long trip to, from, and around Central Park. The dogs could barely stand, and they were obviously quite thirsty. Their welcome bowl of water made my day.
There is no restaurant to speak of, but you can find excellent breakfast in a diner exactly a block away, and the street we were on is also know as Restaurant Row.
I will return, with or without dogs. It's a place I'd feel comfortable in the lobby with a t-shirt and shorts. That's the kind of place I adore and find so seldom.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had a fantastic time at the Muse! I stayed for 4 nights, went into NJ for a few nights, then stayed 2 more nights at the Muse. Everyone that works there was amazing! Mark at the front desk is a gem - he is friendly and kind and knowledgable about the hotel and the area. For my first few nights I had an amazing corner room that was big by NY standards. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was super clean. For my second stay I had a balcony room and it was so fun to be outside in NY on my balcony (only problem was mosquitos - would use some Off next time). Willie at the door made me feel very special as he greeted me every time he saw me. Really, the staff at Kimpton Hotels are exceptional and the Muse was no different - everyone (including the cleaning ladies and room service delivery people) give big smiles, are friendly, professional, courteous and I feel like they genuinely care about me having a great time at their hotel. The wine hour is a big benefit to the hotel - I don't usually drink wine, but it was nice to enjoy a few sips in the lovely lobby. The location of the hotel is superb! Times Square is crowded, but the hotel is near all of the major subway lines and a short walk to Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Columbus Circle, etc. Even though the crowds in Time Square are annoying, the location of the Muse can't be beat. One night I walked from the hotel up to Columbia University - it was a long walk, but it was fun to go through so many different little neighborhoods in NY. The rooms I stayed in were very clean, as were the bathrooms. If I ever have a choice, I stay at a Kimpton Hotel. The Muse was awesome and I will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from the street
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Sorrento, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This was our first time at the Muse but definetely not our last. We come to NYC every year for my daughter's birthday. We chose the Muse based on its location which was perfect!! We were just a few blocks away from Times Square. Better than the location, was the staff. They were awesome. They helped us choose restaurants, assisted with our travel arrangements, and helped me print my theatre tickets!!! We will be back next year!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Muse Hotel New York? Share your experiences!