“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Downtown

Save Saved
You added Dream Downtown to your Saves list
Dream Downtown
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   355 West 16th Street, New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 10%
Ranked #126 of 451 hotels in New York City
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had the great pleasure of staying one night at the Dream Hotel Downtown NYC. I was there on business but the entire staff did everything they could to make my stay memorable. The room was great and the concierge, Eric, did a great job helping me to make the most of my time. Great location, beautiful building and outstanding staff! Definitely will stay there next time!

Room Tip: Lower rooms are the quietest. My room was clean and the staff was excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1,324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It´s a fun, young, cool and modern hotel - we arrived late Friday night and my teenager son highly enjoyed the nightclub feel in the lobby... The room was great - comfy beds - great house keeping - they even emptied the bar on request as we needed to store some meds in the fridge.. Pool was fun - great music and cool atmosphere. Great to see all age groups in what I would consider to be a place that´s great for younger people to party... they make room for everyone. We enjoyed our stay... just had one glitch - we were advice to get a cab for the airport but missed our flight due to traffic - so check the train situation folks if you are traveling during rush hour!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the top floors as there is a night club there:)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a party hotel. Don't come here if you don't want to be in the downtown NYC party scene. We used to live in the neighborhood so we knew what to expect. And everything about the room was nice except for the glass bathroom door. Service was far better than I expected, exceptional even, and of course there are tons of great restaurants and bars in the neighborhood. They couldn't get our room iPod hookup to work though, which was pretty annoying - kept sending up different people and we just wanted to be left alone. But once we got rid of them it was party time :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

NYC is expensive. This hotel is fun and flashy. Hard to beat the pool & beach. Rooms can be noisy but who are we kidding - you are gonna be out there making noise! Food is good. Staff is friendly. Neighborhood is great fun. Make sure to chill by the pool, you will not regret ordering a bite to eat poolside.

The rooms are comfy and hiply designed. Nice bathrooms.

Swing through Chelsea Market for a good meal or conveniently stroll on the Highline.

Dream Downtown is a fun spot.

Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My recent stay at the Dream Dowtown was accented by their talented concierge, Erik Wurst. Not only was he able to accomodate my unique requests but he was able to deal with the timing I requested. Chocolate covered strawberries sent to my room at 11:30pm arrived on time. Last minute pick-up with a car needed from Madison Square Garden after the concert due to rain, no problem. Thank you Erik and the entire staff at the Dream Downtown.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I was looking to propose to my girlfriend and after speaking with Eric from the concierge desk, I felt pretty confident that he would see to every detail. As nervous as I was, Eric went above and beyond making sure all the details were arranged to help ease my mind. I can't thank him enough! He and Nate reserved a section on the rooftop terrace with a gorgeous city view and saw to it that the proposal would be perfect in every way. From the gorgeous flowers, to the champagne, and then to the incredible dinner reservations - Eric made sure that our evening was unforgettable. And of course- she said yes. Thank you again for everything!

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I have stayed in many hotels over the world and yet Dreams Downtown still managed to surprise me from the minute I walked in the door.

I loved the location perfect spot to be in if you want to stay in Chelsea. Very modern but not clinical. Door man and the check in staff were fantastic and made my check in process very personalised. Pool area is great with great tunes being played all day.

I would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to anyone who is going to NYC.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Dream Downtown? Share your experiences!