“There is a first time for everything ....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bowlmor Lanes Midtown

Bowlmor Lanes Midtown
222 West 44th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)
212-680-0012
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 85 Fun & Games in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: *Bowlmor Lanes has taken America's favorite pastime and turned it into a luxury experience. Our stunning design features modern, semi-private banquette seating, gourmet cuisine by Celebrity Chef David Burke, and a full service sports bar and restaurant; There is so much to see and do at Bowlmor; every visit is a new experience. Bowlmor Lanes has quickly become ultimate entertainment destination for a night out with your friends. *Our exquisite design and experienced event team make us the ideal location for private parties of any type or size. We specialize in Corporate Events, Children's Birthday Parties, Bar & Bat Mitzvahs, Teambuilding Outings, and more. Please call our Events Office at 212-255-8188 to find out how we can create a customized bowling event just for you!
New Jersey
168 attraction reviews
“There is a first time for everything ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We came to Bowlmor to join my daughter's family-her husband and three small kids for a couple of hours of bowling, fun for the kids on their mom's birthday. My husband and I (grandma and grandpa) were there just to watch and later take part in the other scheduled activities ( Lego museum next door) and a dinner in Tribeca.
But back to the bowling. I was just a little skeptical at first about bowling places, (only seen on TV before), but I will say that this is actually a fun, clean place, the food snacks served were good and enjoyed by all, there was even a glass of champagne to celebrate. They cheered each other on, the kids became quite competitive as the score was kept on the screen. They all had fun, and we have a lot of photos to prove it. Right next to us it looked like a "business" meeting was taking place with lots of food and a little bowling on the side. I came for a new experience and had a great time observing....
Parking garage is just across the street.

Visited March 2014

East Meadow, New York
20 attraction reviews
“Nice atmosphere, but careful with small-scale bday parties...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I'd visited Bowlmore prior to deciding to use it as a venue for my 16 year (boy) birthday. It was a small party, only 7 in total. I was ok with an "intimate" party…but found that where they situated us was super cramped…opening to another lane where we're practically on top of each other. The packaged we bought the package with food, which gave 2 entrees and fries. The food was good, but they took about 1/2 an hour to replenish the supplies…by which time it was difficult to bowl and eat at the same time. Another thing, the lanes are actually slightly warped. None of us were able to bowl well…even straight strikes became gutter bowls, and that never happens as we're all experienced bowlers. Tells me there's something with the lanes and the wood/waxing. All in all, not the best experience, but not the worst. Go in eyes-wide-open though.

Visited February 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
“Fun place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've been to Bowlmor for large corporate parties and also with just two of us. Either way, the staff is welcoming, the atmosphere is fun and the food and drinks are good. It's also reasonable priced for the location and what you get.

Visited January 2014
Atlanta, GA
45 attraction reviews
“Fun during the snow but not quality bowling”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My son and I ventured into Bowlmor in Times Square during the recent snow storm. We were pleasantly surprised at the reasonable cost of $15 for all you can bowl. The challenge was the quality of the bowling balls/lanes. The balls have 6 holes drilled in them (2 different size holes). That was very odd! The ball rolled like the lane was tilted. You will leave there with dirty hands because the balls are so nasty but at the end of the day it was still fun.

Visited January 2014
Brooklyn, New York
26 attraction reviews
“Solid bowling ally, but a bit pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I went here with a university group. No real complaints. There's much more to do than bowl (e.g. eat/drink, video games, and socialize by the bar while watching the game), which was a plus as I didn't feel like changing shoes. That said, I'll likely continue to opt for a cheaper bowling ally in the future.

Visited November 2013