“Great place to rest with a cuppa and a scone” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bosie Tea Parlor

Bosie Tea Parlor
10 Morton St., New York City, NY (West Village)
212 352 9900
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 446 Coffee & Tea in New York City
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
Hightstown, New Jersey
“Great place to rest with a cuppa and a scone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed a girls' day out in NYC on a summer Saturday. Bosie Tea Parlor was the perfect place to rest our feet and enjoy a sumptuous tea. The tea and scones are both first-rate and we liked the sandwiches (especially cucumber with cream cheese and dill and chicken with golden raisins and curry mayo). And the macarons and pastries are indulgent. We ordered rthe Chef's Tea Service which was a lot to eat; I think next time I will order one of the other packages or a la carte. The service was very attentive without being intrusive. The place is small; reservations recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New York City, New York
“Enjoyable afternoon tea”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friend and I made plans to meet here for afternoon tea on a Saturday. She got there before me and there were no table available so she had to wait about 20 minutes. It's a very small place. We finally got seated around 6:30pm, a little bit late for afternoon tea. We shared the "Bosie Tea Service" for one person $27.00. It includes; Two-cup Pot of Tea, Two Mini Scones with Clotted Cream and Jam, Three Flavors of Tea Sandwiches, Two Mini Tea Cakes and Choice of Two Macaroons. The "clotted cream" is a dense, rich whipped cream without air and sugar, it's like comparing Greek yogurt to regular yogurt. Everything was wonderful, no complaints.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Tea infused pastries prove to be exquisite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

SPECTACULAR.

The macaroons and tea cakes are lovely. I implore you to try the entire tea service. There is an extremely extensive list of teas which is sure to delight all sorts of pallets.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
on my feet
“some phenomenal bites here. . .shame about the service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

we probably ordered and spent more than all of the other four tables occupied during our visit, but our sizable bill for little snacks in this tea room apparently doesn't warrant attentive or even respectful service--which is doubly galling considering that the food is uniformly good to excellent. they have a very extensive tea menu and produce a nice cuppa.

Hits: pb and j macaron, paris-brest
Misses: cannelle

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“HORRIBLE SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The waitresses and waiter were incredibly rude and impolite! They told us that we would be able to get a table even if we ordered food first at the bar area, so we did so. Only to find out later that they "assumed" we didn't need a table because we seemed "comfortable" sitting at the bar area, so they gave up TWO tables that opened up to customers who arrived a lot later than us. My girls and I were in shock and couldn't believe they would made such assumptions when we wanted a table for the whole time and told them so. Then the waitress in charge told us that the best she could do now is apologize and offer us some additional free tea (after we've already ordered a big pot) and that we should just accept her apology because it was a simple small mistake.

I am sorry, but as a waitress/server, I don't think making such assumption on customers and left the customers feeling insulted and discriminated against sound like a "small mistake." In summary, please avoid this place at all cost because customers are not appreciated and valued importantly. They tend to think that they have good business and average/high reviews on yelp that they could treat customers like crap. HORRIBLE attitude and EXTREMELY rude!!! Never going back again! If there's something worse than "terrible" review, I would give it!!!

• Visited December 2012