My mum, sister and I spend a few days in NYC in this hotel.
We were looking for a hotel-apartement in Manhattan, well located and we were very pleased with our stay.
First, it is very easy to find weather you arrive by cab or by subway (only 5 minutes walk from Union Square Station). The landlords are very nice and give good pieces of advice to (re)-discover the city.
I think what is great is that it doesn't look like a hotel. You feel like you belong to the city.
Our apartement had one big room, a living room and a little kitchen (all furnished apartement) and of course a bathroom. There was enough place for 3 people and all our suitcase (and then all the gift and stuff we bought, thanks NYC for great shopping).
The most amazing thing is the silent by day and night (incredible in NYC).
The apartement was clean and very functional (and there is the air conditionning also)
And of course the hotel is so well located! Only 5 minutes walks to Union Square, 10-15minutes walks to Flatiron, maybe 20-25minutes to ESB. Easy line on the subway to the main tourist monuments, and of course lot's of shop around.
One of the negative point is the lack of light. But for a few days it's ok since you won't stay in the appartement during the day.....
I really appreciate my stay there and I for sure highly recommend it (and will go back during my next trip in NYC)
- Also Known As:
- The Contempo Design Hotel New York City
- The Contempo Design Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are designers that restored bits and pieces, decorated and furnished most of this typical turn-of-the-century Village building now we call home. Our aim was to create a tranquil yet ultimately hip urban hideaway that fuses comfort with originality. The design ideas were inspired by the unique urban architectural style of the surrounding neighborhoods where classic and modern mix in a fantastic diversity. Located at the northwestern end of Greenwich Village and in the very heart of Manhattan, this is an awesome spot to live at as well as a perfect base for sightseeing. A few steps from Union Square, historic Washington Square Park, four major subway lines; within walking distance to Midtown, the Meatpacking and Soho - this location simply cannot be beat! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your The Contempo Design Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.