Fabulous location right on Fifth Avenue in Greenwich Village. The area is very lively (but not crazy noisy and busy like Midtown) with lots of restaurants, small eateries and cafes in a sort of university area. Both Washington Square Park and Union Square are steps away, Meatpacking and Soho about 15 minutes walk. I did not pay attention when booking and expected a suites hotel. Turns out to be a small guest house but great place nevertheless. They don't have the normal 24 hours reception but you have the owners phone to call or their doorbell to ring if you need anything. I loved the homely atmosphere and the room decor. The kitchen was great to have (they also provide coffee and tea, herbs and cereals). Very quiet place, not much going on but after our busy days this was a plus.
The only pain was the two (long) flights of stairs to climb after walking miles and miles!
- Also Known As:
- The Contempo Design Hotel New York City
- The Contempo Design Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer nicely furnished self-serviced apartments with fully equipped kitchen or kitchenette, free WIFI, movie channels and more. Located at the northwestern end of Greenwich Village and in the very heart of Manhattan, this is an awesome spot to live at as well as a perfect base for sightseeing. A few steps from Union Square, historic Washington Square Park, four major subway lines; within walking distance to Midtown, the Meatpacking and Soho - this location simply cannot be beat! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B and Priceline so you can book your The Contempo Design Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.