After staying at the Americano for a week I could write a long review, but let me summarize in - and + points:
- excellent bed, but since it's on the floor, it takes some effort to get out
- bathroom shelf and sink might be minimalistic, but is most of all not practical
- not enough clothing hangers
- the beanbag is old scool, in the way and again not practical
- the rooftop setting is monopolized by the 'beautiful' New Yorkers in the weekend. Too many of them with an arrogant attitude, loud music and apparently more important then hotel guests. The Americano is a trendy club then and not a hotel anymore.
- 88 dollars for a bottle of white wine on the rooftop terrace? Seriously?
- don't use Bluevan shuttle services for airport transportation: expensive, lousy service and unfriendly
- construction work right across the hotel makes for a lot of noise from early in the day
- I accidentally entered the wrong room with my key: assuming anyone can enter a room with their key I kept the 'do not disturb' sign on the door
+ personel is extremely polite, friendly and helpful
+ iPad in the room is definitely a big plus, as well as the free wifi
+ complimentary water in the lobby
+ walking distance from Penn station, even with luggage
+ safe neighbourhood, ideal to start exploring the city
+ the Italian restaurant/bar across the street serves good food and has an impressive choice of liquors
+ the rooftop bar, restaurant and pool definitely are an added value
All in all, I can advice this hotel, but there are a few things you should be aware of.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Americano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.