“Friendly Staff and Beautiful Boutique Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt 48 Lex

Save Saved
You added Hyatt 48 Lex to your Saves list
Hyatt 48 Lex
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   517 Lexington Avenue, New York City, NY 10017 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase 15% Off
Ranked #84 of 456 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta
“Friendly Staff and Beautiful Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

EXCELLENT service from the moment I walked in. The hotel is in a great location; close to everything, yet just enough removed from the hordes of tourists in Midtown. Beautiful interiors are calming and bright (and the lobby smelled amazing). From check in to check out, everyone on staff was very kind and helpful. One of the staff even got me a cab at 5 pm on a Friday (which is next to impossible - I was so grateful). Rooms are good-sized by NYC standards, and gorgeous floor to ceiling windows let in lots of light. Bathroom was beautiful. Great stand-up shower with excellent water pressure. Good wine selection in the room; the kitchenette was a nice touch. I enjoyed relaxing in the cozy lounge on the second floor. I would absolutely stay here again, and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor facing Lexington Avenue for more natural light.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Rob G, General Manager at Hyatt 48 Lex, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for the five star review Lisavee11! Your kind comments about our team are truly appreciated and I could not be more proud.

Rob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here in June 2014, had great corner room on 16th floor overlooking 48th and Lex. Room was large for NYC standards. Had a great mini kitchenette/mini-bar area, plus great bathroom products.

The elevators are super slow in this building (I think there are only 2 for the entire property??). The concierge lounge had a skimpy breakfast spread, but it was nice to have even though the pickings were slim.

The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. The housekeeping was also great, minus the time I was awoken at 4am with someone saying I had ordered an ironing board... Oops! Wrong room.

Will consider staying here again if they are running specials.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room. Bigger and better views!
Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear LALela27,

I do sincerely apologize about the mishap with the ironing board delivery. That was a mistake on our end and for that I am truly apologetic.

I am happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay!

Please keep us in mind shoud your travels bring you back to NYC!

All the best,

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

long weekend I stay here quite a bit and makes me feel like an apartment not like the hotel !!!! The whole team is all about detail !!!! Great restaurant next-door Greek great atmosphere and the decore!!! Lobby bar fun the hostesses all look like models beautiful New Yorkers

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Rob G, General Manager at Hyatt 48 Lex, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for making Hyatt 48 Lex your home away from home, J Riccardo B! Our team works hard to create memorable guest experiences and I could not be prouder. Your loyalty to Hyatt is of the upmost importance and we look forward to your next visit.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed there for business it is what one would expect from a "Hyatt". My room was 'upgraded' but I don't really know what the 'studio' room was if not that. The housekeeping service was sloppy and forgetful. I asked for two things, and they turned up after 20 min with one of the two! Some hotels have made their own convenience the defining reason for things like check in-checkout times. This one says check in at 4pm and check out at 11am!! I requested a later check out and they made a rather big deal of moving it to even 1pm and then eventually 2pm as huge, reluctant favour. The lounge with complimentary tea/coffee and morning pastries etc is a good feature. Would recommend only if paying upto 300usd in my assessment of other Manhattan hotels which are better value over this price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hyatt 48 Lex, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear AdityaGupta2014,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Here at Hyatt 48 Lex we value all guests’ comments, whether they are positive or negative.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the amenities from our second floor living room.

I do apologize for you disappointment in our housekeeping service, I will be sure to bring this to the attention of our Housekeeping Director. In regards to an extended check out, we try our best to accommodate all guests who wish to stay longer. I am pleased to hear that we were able to grant your request, but I do want to apologize in the manner that your request was handled.

I hope you consider us in the future and give us the opportunity to show you the true Hyatt 48 Lex experience.

Platte City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here when visiting New York. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and roomy. It was located close to many attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Hyatt 48 Lex, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for the five star review and wonderful comments, Monica J! I can't wait to share them with our team!

Thanks,

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have reviewed this property before but one again wanted to give them 5 stars for remaining to be the only hotel to consider in New York City! Their perfect location, the restaurant Lexington Brass and their incredible staff, Carlos, Jose, Tommy and Tandon Nihaal! I know I'm forgetting some but every one there exceed the most discerning travelers expectations! Simply the best!! Looking forward to my next visit!

Stayed July 2014
Rob G, General Manager at Hyatt 48 Lex, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Wow! What a wonderful review, Duane T! Thank you for the wonderful accolades about Hyatt 48 Lex and our team. I could not be more proud. As always your loyalty to Hyatt is of the up most importance and we can't wait until your next visit!

All the best,

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and was expecting a standard flagged Hyatt hotel - but was quite pleasantly surprised! This hotel acts and looks like a boutique-hotel brand. There is a compact lobby on the ground floor, but a relaxing and well designed lounge on the second floor. I stayed on the 9th floor and there were only six rooms on this floor. The room is good sized and has a wet bar. The bed is comfortable. Service in the hotel was friendly and helpful, especially with Christopher in the front desk. Location in midtown is quite convenient, though beside many other hotels that packed the sidewalks with tourists. The only minor quirks include a charge for use of the wifi (but they ended up including it) and they could do with better quality towels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Rob G, General Manager at Hyatt 48 Lex, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Anonymous8,

I am beyond thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you very much for the kind and detailed review and for the shout out to our team!

Rob

Been to Hyatt 48 Lex? Share your experiences!