“Cozy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt 48 Lex

You added Hyatt 48 Lex to your Saves list
Hyatt 48 Lex
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   517 Lexington Avenue, New York City, NY 10017 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hong Kong, China
“Cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

excellent location, view and great rooms and suites. I love the bar/coffee counter in the room which was a nice detail. Lexington brass has amazing breakfast choices. my favourite Hyatt in Manhattan so far!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hyatt 48 Lex, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Hi there Liren T,

Thank you for the shout out! It's wonderful to hear that Hyatt 48 Lex is your favorite Manhattan Hyatt! :)

Join us again soon!

Kind Regards,

Robert Gormley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Booked a penthouse room with outdoor balcony for my wife's suprise 50th birthday party! The people at Hyatt48Lex were awesome in helping me coordinate all that was involved. Ebony Wiggins, their sales coordinate did a super job in keeping up with communications and making sure all went just right. The penthouse room and balcony accommodated about 25 people, the room was immaculate and spacious. The views from the balcony at night was incredible. I am 100% satisfied with team at Hyatt48Lex and would recommend the hotel for this type of event, or in fact, any special occasion. Great job to those at Hyatt48Lex for making my wife's night such a memorable evening! I attached some photos of our view from outdoor balcony!

Room Tip: Penthouse room with corner balcony is preferred. It looks right down onto Lexington Ave. Much bet...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Rob G, General Manager at Hyatt 48 Lex, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Hello Terry F,

What a wonderful surprise for your wife!! Thank you for the wonderful words and review. I think we have a pretty amazing team as well! Thank you for allowing Hyatt 48 Lex to be a part of such a special occasion for your and your family.

We hope to see you again soon,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

The hotel in centrally located in midtown Manhattan which was ideal. The room was comfortable and the staff were friendly.. The only issue I have with the hotel is that they are not flexible with their minimum stay policy, as it had to cut my trip short, had informed them when I checked in that I would be staying 4 instead of 5nights, but they still charged me for the 5th night, which was disappointing..

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hyatt 48 Lex, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Fareed H,

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please feel free to reach out to myself or my Assistant Front Office Manager, Kelsey, to further discuss this matter. Her email is Kelsey.pratt@hyatt48lex.com.

All the best,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We arrived having booked and paid in full four months previously. When qe got there we were told there was no room available because the hotel had overbooked! They were going to put is in a disabled room but after much fuss they upgraded is to a corner suite on the 22nd floor which was lovely. To do that though they had to cancel someone else's room amd and put us in. Unbelievable! 10mins later we heard the guy on reception saying the exact same thing to another guest. However the hotel is beautifully presented and in an ideal location and despite the awful check in, we would stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Rob G, General Manager at Hyatt 48 Lex, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Hi Angela H,

I am disappointed to hear you had an unsatisfactory check-in experience. I do apologize about the experience and I can assure you that is not a common practice. I have passed your review to the appropriate departments to ensure that this does not happen again.

We do hope you choose to give Hyatt 48 Lex a second chance.

All the best,

Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was a delightful Priceline surprise. The hotel is clean, well located, quiet and the staff could not be more helpful. The room was well appointed, comfortable and all I could want. There was a nice restaurant attached, though typical hotel prices. I loved the microwave/sink combo, which made my special dietary needs easier to manage. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Hyatt 48 Lex, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear margalo399,

I am excited to hear you will choose to stay at Hyatt 48 Lex again! Thank you for the awesome recommendation and review of our hotel and room amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Sausalito, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My wife and I have an Interior Design business in SF and LA. We shop all over the world for the one of a kind items for our discriminating high end clients so needless to say we are picky about our hotels. Without exception 48Lex is the very best Hyatt we have stayed in and one of the best small hotels in the world. Its perfectly located in Manhattan and the environment from the aroma therapy when you first enter the intimate lobby to the beautifully appointed suites is a ten. The entire staff from the front desk to housekeeping make you feel like this is a very special place. The private lounge on the second floor for hotel quest offers a reprieve from the hustle of NYC and they offer complimentary snacks and refreshments, wine is served at reasonable prices. One very important fact is how quite the rooms are at night. Incidentally the rooms offer a wide variety of wines and adult beverages along with unusual wine and water glasses, microwave, dishwasher etc. The hotel security does not get much better, they have installed electronic gadgets that will satisfy most geeks, internet access, LG flat screens with many free channels like HBO. The only recommendation would be a selection of pillows which they might offer but i never asked and their are no tubs except for the penthouses. The small restaurant located on the first floor is open from about 6/12 the food is about a 6 or 7 but with so many choices within yards of this special place it was never a concern. They have a spa which we never used and it seemed a little pricey. Cab rides run about $15 to most spots in manhattan and Uber about 30% more plus you can catch Gray Line tours across the street near a 24 hour NY style deli. It was a lovely holiday in part because of 48 Lex. GO!

Room Tip: Corner suite
Green Features: They have recycle baskets in room. Energy saving room controls.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rob G, General Manager at Hyatt 48 Lex, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Hi garmorSausalito_CA,

I am thrilled to hear Hyatt 48 Lex contributed to your "lovely holiday"! I am glad you enjoyed all of the modern amenities in our spacious guest rooms and had wonderful interactions with our great team.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

In all my years of coming to NYC, I don't think I've ever enjoyed a hotel so much. This hotel had everything that I'd desire in a hotel from it's location to the sizable room, which is larger than most spots that I've experienced in the big city. I got this 4.5 star hotel on Priceline for about $125.

The very quaint check-in desk was probably the only odd thing about this hotel. The check-in desk is basically like a kitchen island with a couple of laptops on it. The front desk agents were very friendly and helpful all along my stay. But once you get into the room, you'll find a comfortable bed, very trendy decor, modern electric components, a cool radio, contemporary bathroom/shower area, a full bar (and sink), cool closets and extremely quiet floors.

I don't have a single bad thing to say about this hotel. I try to stay objective about my reviews and this is one hotel where I'm glad to say everything was SPOT ON!! I'll be looking at this property on my future stays in NY. If you can land this hotel on your budget, you're certainly not going to be disappointed. Hyatt 48 Lex -- my new favorite NYC property!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Rob G, General Manager at Hyatt 48 Lex, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hello MusicalTravel,

Thank you for the shout out and wonderful review! I love hearing that Hyatt 48 Lex was your "best" stay in NYC. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our guest room and amenities. I will have to share your great comments with the team!

If your travels ever find you back in NYC please join us again.

Been to Hyatt 48 Lex? Share your experiences!