“THEE Worst hotel experience of my entire life!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Pennsylvania New York

You added Hotel Pennsylvania New York to your Saves list
Hotel Pennsylvania New York
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Seventh Avenue at 33rd Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best Rate Guarantee!
Ranked #391 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Edgewood, Maryland
“THEE Worst hotel experience of my entire life!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Dirty, old rundown just disgusting!! Please heed my warning. The busy lobby was the nicest feature of the hotel, trust me on that. I choose to sleep there with my daughter instead of stay in the room it was that bad!! Homeless in NYC we walked the streets from 5:30am until we could check in at another place. I've seen bad but they make off road motels look good. I rate them a negative 4 STARS!! I wouldn't stay there for FREE.
Trust and believe I got my money back...every dime!!

Room Tip: A real life horror show!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (943)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

This hotel is so old...the only good thing is the price and its location. Hotel Penn is around 100 years old and it shows. Lobby was quite deceiving and modern while the rooms felt like a youth hostile. I chaperoned my daughters class trip and we demanded to be switched to a different room three times! First was so small you didn't even have space for a bag! Door on the bathroom wouldn't close right and the tiles were popping off the floor. For $200 per night and a location blocks from Times Square I was happy we didn't spend much time in the hotel. If you want a clean place to crash, but not expecting ANY kind of luxury--this is it!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

run - do not stay at this hotel (if that's what you want to call it). What a hell hole. There was blood on the walls. I had to put my suitcase in the bathroom on tile floor so it wouldn't be sitting on the gross carpet. OMG - what a nightmare. I can't imagine anyone staying there. My skin crawled and I DID NOT STAY.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms - what a hell hole
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

All of the negative reviews on this site are accurate. The front desk staff were rude and unhelpful. They could not care less about helping guests. Room was dirty and poorly lit. There were stains on the bedspread and blanket. The pillows were some sort of flat, industrial-grade foam, and the old mattress sagged. There were marks, scratches, and stains all over the walls, and the carpet was buckling and stained. The TV had limited channels and terrible reception. Worst of all, there is absolutely no soundproofing, so I could hear everything that was happening in the adjacent rooms--especially in the bathroom. This place makes the Overlook Hotel in "The Shining" look friendly and welcoming. Do yourself a favor and stay in a decent budget hotel such as the nearby Hampton, where the staff is polite and the breakfast is free.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Durban
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was the most expensive hotel I have ever booked and the most disgusting. The reception area was as busy as a train station. The rooms were not clean, the bath stained, the previous guests mouth wash was in the bathroon with the complementary toiletries, really shocking. I don't recommend thus hotel to anyone. The only positive was that it central but nothing else.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

we stayed at hotel pennsylvania at 100 am we got woken up from what sounded like a sledge hammer banging on our door i got up looked out peep hole and sure enough there were three guys banging on the door next to us ,,,,,we were so scared and being woken up from a sound sleep when i opened the door first thing the guy said if i have a problem talk to manager ,,,,well i did and i was so mad manager did nothing but gimmy 50% off that night (bullchit) any way we asked for his name its mike head of security there and after we complained to manager mike was smiling at us like moking us when we were leaving ,,he ruined our first time ever to new york !!!!!!! we will pay the extra and stay at a nice hotel ,,,,ps the manager wouldnt say why we called down stairs for more pillows before this trouble about 1000 and they never even came this place is a joke !!!!!! do your self a favor and pay the extra for a better hotel

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had heard horror stories about this hotel but booked anyway as the deal was just too good not to but was still weary. I needn't have worried the room was clean every day as most people mention the rooms just need a lick of paint really, but by the looks of the queues every day this hotel is in constant use. Security was fine always asking for your room card before entering the elevators I left money in my case each day and had no problems. The staff were helpful enough and the location is perfect would use it again if the same deal came along again

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Pennsylvania New York? Share your experiences!