If you are going to Madison Square Garden and need a place to stay for a night and don't want to pay $$$$, this hotel might work for you. The location is fantastic. Close to Time Square and restaurants. We drove in from PA and had no problems. Valeted our car and proceeded to go check in. Lobby nice and the front desk person was pleasant. He gave us some pointers on how to store our luggage the next day and to call about 30 minutes before we were ready to get our car.
After getting our key card it was time to go to our room. Elevators were quick and the hallways not bad. We were on the 15th floor so I can't say what the rest of the floors looked like. Opened the door to our room and I wasn't totally shocked. I had expected much worse. There was a bed that was pretty comfy, small refrigerator, an old TV that actually did work, a tiny little closet and a bathroom that was clean and pretty big for NY standards. The room smelled fresh and it was clean. Now the decor was old, but for the price and for the 7 hours we were actually going to be in it, we felt it was OK. The place was packed, but once in our room we didn't hear anyone on either side.
A few tips. They will store your luggage for $4 a bag, but you have to go to the front desk to pay and then take it down one level to the baggage storage area. Give yourself plenty of time because the lines at front desk could be long. We tried calling for our car a few times and no one answered. Keep trying or just go to bellman and have them call for you. Once they called, we got our car in about 20 min. You will pay when you get your car so have cash available.
Bottom line...for a night, not a bad deal. Don't expect luxury, be patient, don't complain about every little detail and remember you are there to have fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great location doesn't have to be out of reach. New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, and our surprisingly affordable rates leave more money in your pocket to enjoy the city.Each day our guests hit the streets and arrive at fabulous New York City locales within minutes. Marvel at the Empire State Building, savor exciting Times Square and take in a Broadway show or, hop on the subway right by the hotel and head to one of NYC's diverse and exciting neighborhoods. Just steps away from Midtown's most popular attractions, and offering countless easy transportation options, New York's Hotel Pennsylvania puts you in the middle of the action. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Groupon, Expedia, Amex, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelBookers, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Pennsylvania New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pennsylvania New York
- Pennsylvania Hotel Nyc
- Hotel Pennsylvania Nyc
- Hotel Pennsylvania New York City
- Hotel New Pennsylvania York