The only thing that made this motel good was its amazing location. Due to damage from Super storm Sandy at our pre booked accomodation we had to find last minute replacement. Looked ok on internet and was about the only thing available. Lobby looked ok and location was amazing. Across from Penn Station and Madison Square Gardens, 2 blocks from Empire State Building and an easy walk to Times Sqare and even Central Park. Many, many cools shops and places to eat all around.
Now the rooms. Got out of the elevator on level 4 and thought we had traveled back in time to the 1930s but a dirty version. When we found our room that was not easy as motel was so huge and found these funny looking doors that looked from another time. Once in the room it was quite large but that was the best feature. We were too scared to put anything on the floor as the carpet was sure to have things living in it. Strange brown color but I am not sure that was its original color. The bathroom was a bathroom by name. The water was running from the totally rusty shower head constantly and the whole room was damp and moldy. I was going to run a bath for my 10 year old one night but the water looked like it would make him dirtier so let it out again. We had a strange little room off our main room that looked like it may have been a safe or a prison cell once? It was handy to put our suit cases in though. The TV was the first colour TV ever made and we had no internet in the room to use. The heater was a moster and too noisy to run so we left it off.
We had 4 nights here finishing on election night. We thought about leaving after the first night but due to the great location and trouble with finding anything else we stayed. It was a sort of test of our will to see if we could make it through. If only they would fix it up it would be an amazing place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great location doesn't have to be out of reach. New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, and our surprisingly affordable rates leave more money in your pocket to enjoy the city.Each day our guests hit the streets and arrive at fabulous New York City locales within minutes. Marvel at the Empire State Building, savor exciting Times Square and take in a Broadway show or, hop on the subway right by the hotel and head to one of NYC's diverse and exciting neighborhoods. Just steps away from Midtown's most popular attractions, and offering countless easy transportation options, New York's Hotel Pennsylvania puts you in the middle of the action. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Venere, getaroom.com, Priceline, HostelBookers, Reservation Counter, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Pennsylvania New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pennsylvania New York
- Pennsylvania Hotel Nyc
- Hotel Pennsylvania Nyc
- Hotel Pennsylvania New York City
- Hotel New Pennsylvania York