This summer me, my father, brother and his friend spent a week in new York, and our hotel was the hotel Pennsylvania, this is how it went.
When we first arrived me and my dad went to our first room, our key card failed to work at first, then when we got in the lights didn't work, until finally they tunred on, then the horror of the room sank in.
Dust covered the floor, the bed was scruffy and there were cracks and holes in the walls, we tried to make the most of it, until the next day, my brother and his friend Chelsea had demanded an upgrade as their room was worse and so we did the same, but it was no better.
We walked in and saw that cracks and dust was gone, but the air conditioner was loud, the tv was terrible and the shower head stuck out of the wall, by that I mean that, a large portion of the neck of the shower stuck out, and when I tried to put it back in, it pushed itself out.
My next misfortune came when I tried to have a shower, as I tried to have a shower I realised that the water was cold, the next day I tried a bath, but the water was cold again, I tried to be brave and have the cold bath, but it wouldn't last, I put my feet in, then my legs, but then I finally gave up as my testicles froze.
It was difficult to go to sleep as the air conditions was essential as it was too hot to sleep, but then the noise it made ruined it.
We were unable to sleep, so the next day we changed our room once again, my dad wanted to watch the Olympic closing ceremony, but the TV was terrible, so we changed again, yeah, three times.
We watched the Olympics on the tv, but our happiness was destroyed later, or at least mine was, I have not told my father this, but later in the middle of the night, I woke up, feeling a strange sensation in my stomach, later I rushed to the toilet and vomited, what was in their food?
Whilst on the topic of toilets, the water in the toilet was almost overflowing, so when you did your business, it almost came out, and as I vomited, it was close to my face, I could see the chicken floating just before my face.
Another issue was the wires, I noticed something strange when josh (brother) and Chelsea came in and sat on the bed, the lamp tunred on, then when they got off, it turned off.
I told them and we pulled the bed back, the wires to the lamp were just behind the bed, and sticking out of the wall, so when you sat on the bed, it pressed into the wires and turned in the light, meaning when we wanted to go to bed, the light would turn on, brilliant.
The bed was slightly ripped and dirt seemed to roam freely, as well as blood, as my father tells me.
The last complaint was the service, whenever we tried to get help, they just said to talk to someone else, I thought that customer service was huge in the states, but apparently not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A great location doesn't have to be out of reach. New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, and our surprisingly affordable rates leave more money in your pocket to enjoy the city.Each day our guests hit the streets and arrive at fabulous New York City locales within minutes. Marvel at the Empire State Building, savor exciting Times Square and take in a Broadway show or, hop on the subway right by the hotel and head to one of NYC's diverse and exciting neighborhoods. Just steps away from Midtown's most popular attractions, and offering countless easy transportation options, New York's Hotel Pennsylvania puts you in the middle of the action. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Otel, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Pennsylvania New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pennsylvania New York
- Pennsylvania Hotel Nyc
- Hotel Pennsylvania Nyc
- Hotel Pennsylvania New York City
- Hotel New Pennsylvania York