“A treasure found!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peacefood Cafe

Peacefood Cafe
460 Amsterdam Ave, New York City, NY 10024-5002 (Central Park)
212-362-2266
Neighborhood: Central Park
hillsborough, north carolina, usa
“A treasure found!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This restaurant is amazing. We are not even vegan but thoroughly enjoy eating vegan and/or vegetarian food. We ate at the east side locale. Nice setting and decor, superb waitress, and food is fabulous. Try their smoothies!! I can't wait to go back and will spread the word.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Reservation Lost/Ignored”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

When I made telephone reservations on Saturday, the receptionist asked for my name. I gave her my full name, but she said first names only. To confirm, I said, "Reservation for Sunday at 7 p.m., W 82 St., first name...." to which she responded "Right." We arrived on Sunday at 7. The greeter checked the computer and told us that there was no reservation. We asked her to check again, confirming the first name, but she refused. She left us standing in the restaurant while she added names of new arrivals to her wait list. We waited 15 minutes, and at no time did she attempt to make eye contact with us or apologize and ask if we wanted to wait. We felt dismissed and left. We are both over 40 and were dressed appropriately.

• Visited May 2013
New Paltz, New York, United States
“BEST VEGAN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stumbled upon this beautiful place with the best vegan food in a long time! cinnamon buns were to die for...thanks

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Vegan Chic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I recently visited the new location on University and 11th St. Unlike other vegan dining establishments, there are no bamboo walls, or anything that boasts "green and mean." If it wasn't for its name one would think it was a clean, elegant cafe like every other in NYC... or almost every other. I've been there several times to pick up, the girls working the cashier do come off a bit "granola righteous." I've sat there as a diner with a friend of mine for dinner. The service was satisfactory, the food is very clean and elegant. My friend who is a omnivore enjoyed his "Chicken parm pasta." A bit over-sauced, but it was fine. We both raved about the "chicken" nuggets. They were savory, not greasy, and the vegan dipping sauce is a perfect accent. I wish we ate dessert, but I did buy a slice of their Banana Bread for the next morning.

PS. the Banana Bread is super moist and light. Skip the Fig scones, a bit doughey and dry. The date scones are much better.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A vegan restaurant that impressed a meat eater.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We ended up in here by mistake. It was raining heavily, we were cold, we had wanted to get into a place across the street but there was a queue. We jumped in.

I'm not a vegan, in fact I'm a confirmed meat eater. However the combination of the staff friendliness and the fantastic food made me glad we had ended up in here. We had lunch and both tried different soups, both which were excellent. The boys ate random things and were happy with what they got.

Would recommend the smoothies.

Next time I'm in town I'll choose to go.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere