“Online Purchase Disaster” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lingerie & Company

Lingerie & Company
1217 Third Ave., at 70th St., New York City, NY (Manhattan)
212-737-7700
Improve this listing
Ranked #212 of 591 Shopping in New York City
Saratoga Springs, New York
15 attraction reviews
“Online Purchase Disaster”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My online order was accepted, credit charged the next day. It is12 days after ordering. In that time I have received an email announcing shipment but tracking efforts failed. Another email announced shipment changed. Efforts to track with the new shipment number also failed. Now I must get my credit card company involved. I'm not only disappointed, but annoyed that a retailer does business in this fashion. DO NOT DEAL WITH NY LINGERIE.

Visited July 2013
MARK P, Owner at Lingerie & Company, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
We are a small independent lingerie store that has been in business since 1992. We have thousands of satisfied repeat customers so I was quite surprised to read this negative review which I decided to investigate.

This review appears to be false as we actually do not have an e-commerce website that would accept an online order. Upon further investigation I found no customer from Saratoga Springs who made a purchase from us during the month of July 2013. If I am mistaken about this I would ask this customer to please contact me directly at our store.

I would like to assure anyone who does business with us that we operate with the utmost level of integrity. 99% of all of our sales occur without incident. On that 1% where there is an issue we will do our best to resolve it quickly. Our customers are very very important to us!

Mark
The owner

New York
“Excellent full service store”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

When I needed new bras recently, I went to a department store. I had no idea where to begin. In order to find my size, I had to go to Wacoal and look, then Calvin Klein, then Chantelle, etc. It was inefficient and the sizes were often not available. I went to the dressing room and if I needed another size, it took forever. Not enough sales help. I bought nothing. Then I went to Lingerie& Co. and within 2 minutes, I was trying on a selection in my size. The knowledgeable and very pleasant saleswoman was right there if I needed another size. So efficient. Also bought some cute undies and a nightgown. Not the run of the mill stuff. Excellent quality and fairly priced. I highly recommend this store!

new york city
“A lingerie store to avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

Have purchased things here in the past with no problem, although the women who work here are not particularly pleasant. But it is in the neighborhood, so a good place to get panty hose, shower presents, etc.
Saturday I bought a pair of thigh highs for $18 (price not the problem) to wear to a Christening on Sunday. ONe of them kept falling down--imagine how embarassing that was.
Tuesday I took them back, with the receipt, and was told by something named "Mark" on the telephone (dialed by the clerk) that they didin't give refunds, that it was like buying pantyhose and bringing them back because they ripped. No said, I not like that. These fell down in church! He told me buying this type of item was a "hit or miss thing" and that there are no guarantees.
Some great customer service for a store that depends on the good will of its neighbors, cause its nothing special.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Store...Great Selection....Great Service....Refined taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

I was visiting my boyfriend in NYC and realized that i needed a new nightgown when I got there. He lives on Fifth & 74th so I ended wandering over to Third Avenue and found this incredible lingerie shop. Not only did I buy a gorgeous gown from a company called Celestine, but I also ended up buying a ton of stuff from Cosabella, Hanro, La Perla, Le Mystere and a brand I had never heard of named Clos. What i can tell you is this, even though I live in Boston I still call this store to order all of my everyday underwear (like Hanky Panky thongs). The selection was great and the salesperson who helped me was totally nice...not pushy & well educated.

Caroline