New York accommodation is expensive. Period. So why pay for an expensive hotel room when you will be spending most of your time elsewhere anyway? With this logic and needing to be proximal to the Graduate Centre at CUNY for a conference I decided to take the plunge: hostel-living once again at age 40. This is no ordinary hostel and I definitely recommend Urban Oasis for anyone looking for quality accommodation in mid-town NYC and at not budget busting prices. The entrance is not fancy - it's like entering your own apt - it's NYC - it's quaint - after two days I was used to the more rustic approach compared to a hotel. The rooms are large and very comfortable. The kitchen and other common areas are spotless. The briefing and information first class.The staff are fantastic. Having to stay a minimum of 5 nights definitely helps as there isn't a constant flow of people or noise. Sharing a bathroom is okay - they are clean and well proportioned. In all honesty there was a jam at times which I might have done without, but then again my budget to do other things in the city liked me! Whole-foods is close enough for some good "home" eating when eating out gets too tiresome. 31st Street is a cab thoroughfare from 5th to 6th Avenues so I was always able to catch a cab right outside the door! Bottom line: I will return. Urban Oasis is like having your very own apartment in NYC!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Authentic NYC guest house in a private loft with private rooms and shared facilities. Located in the very center of Manhattan, this property is perfect for those seeking a real New York experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and T4B so you can book your Urban Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Urban Oasis Hostel And Guest House
- Urban Oasis Hostel & Guest House Hotel New York City