“The grande dame of bargain shopping” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Loehmann's
101 Seventh Ave., between 16th and 17th Sts., New York City, NY (Chelsea)
212-352-0856
Activities: Shopping
Attraction Details
Jerusalem, Israel
68 attraction reviews
“The grande dame of bargain shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

My relationship with Loehmann's goes back 50 years or so, when I used to go with my Mom. They didn't have private dressing rooms back then (now they do) but they always had (and still have) great bargains on designer clothes. I don't live in NY anymore, but whenever I get to town I always try to stop by and take a look. There's a different - less frenetic - atmosphere than in, say, Century 21, so I prefer it. Like all stores of this type, it's kind of hit and miss, but if you catch it on the right day, you can get very lucky. I used to love the late great Sym's, as well, but that (and Filene's) is history; so Loehmann's is (and hopefully will remain) the grande dame of NY bargain shopping.

Visited May 2011

Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“One of the best discount stores”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

You will read a lot of guides to discount shopping in NYC. In my opinion this is one of the best for shoppers in the 25 to 35 age bracket. It has a great range of clothes at pretty good prices. A lot of other discount stores I've been to in NYC often have too many clothes for more mature women.

Visited September 2011
Chicago, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
“Great bargains!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I stumbled upon this store by accident. The last time I went to NYC, I went to Century 21, thinking that I would get great bargains down there. I did not like Century 21 at all. Loehmann's is so much better, and it has better bargains. Plus its not crazy like Century 21, and the staff is very friendly. My receipt said I saved $250. My kind of store.

Visited September 2011