“A friendly way to start the day” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
berkshire
“A friendly way to start the day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

What a great find... thanks Rough Guide. We had all our breakfasts here and were totally set up for the day, no need for lunch. The best coffee ever. Lovely staff and a great ambiance enjoyed by locals and tourists.

• Visited November 2013

Wales
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Recently returned from a 5 night stay in NYC, ate at the comfort diner every morning except once where we thought we would try the tick tock diner, don't bother with tick tock it is rubbish compared to the comfort diner. Good service, friendly staff and wonderful buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup.

Newport
“I LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

As i'm staying in the hotel opposite this diner, I've been in a few times and it is superb!! Breakfast is lovely, I've had 3 during my 2 week stay (I've had an omelette, the pancakes and the waffles, all of which were really yummy) and all are really big portions.

I was impressed when I went in for dinner on one ocassion (we spotted on the menu they did a turkey thanksgiving dinner and after being served fries with everything, we were craving veggies!) and their lunch/dinner menu is vast! Lots of choices for everyone! We got talking to one waiter, Gus I think his name is, and he was so lovely, giving us helpful tips on places to go in New York. I ordered a slice of pecan pie, and he gave us a free slice of their new york cheesecake too, which was really kind of him. Both were absolutley stunning! If you have room, definatley get a desert!

Excellent service, excellent food with authentic 50's diner decor. Love it! The price is very reasonable aswell, I highly recommend this place!

• Visited November 2013
New York, NY
“Excellent Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

If you love buttermilk pancakes and real fresh fruit in it, then look no further than the Comfort Diner! I had these pancakes that came with blueberries, raspberries & bananas and they came out deliciously fluffy and moist They also give you real maple syrup and not that sugary, artificial syrup that most diners have! There are many great options on their breakfast menu - something for everyone!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bradenton, Florida
“Yummy--Don't miss this one!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Just what a diner should be, compact, eclectic and noisy! Food was great, I had breakfast, stuffed French toast, my siblings had lunch, which included chicken dumplings. Service was good and everyone was very friendly.

• Visited October 2013