“good value for money, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ONE UN New York

You added ONE UN New York to your Saves list
ONE UN New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One United Nations Plaza, 44th Street (Between First and Second Avenue), New York City, NY 10017-3575 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Now & Save 20%
Ranked #348 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“good value for money, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here when visiting for a five day holiday, great atmosphere and really friendly staff and good customer service. Hotel was great and food was okay but needs a better variety choice menu.
Very easy walking distance to most landmark visitors choices and overall felt safer here than in our own country.
People are very friendly and helpful and always willing to share with you the best places to visit and the cheapest prices.
Overall we would recommend this hotel if your staying for a couple of days, check out the swimming pool on the 40th floor amazing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
ONEUNNewYork, Guest Relations Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I’m grateful for a chance to receive your feedback. It’s always great to hear on area’s we can improve on. I am glad you had a wonderful stay. Please do not let it be too long until we welcome you back as our guest again!

Santa Monica, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business as it was chosen by the clients. Like most Manhattan hotels, it is functional and comfortable and clean -- the bed is firm, the linens new and clean, and the heating works -- but the overall ambiance is tired. The furniture in my room was marked, dented, and scratched, there were stains on the carpet and the walls, and the shades were warped and didn't fit the windows. The gym was dark and depressing; I was not able to see the pool due to its limited opening hours. WiFi is paid. Staff was friendly, but I did not interact with them beyond check-in and check-out. There's a small deli 1.5 blocks away where you can get all manner of breakfast and lunch foods, if you rather avoid the limited options and exorbitant prices in the hotel lobby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
ONEUNNewYork, Guest Relations Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Jennifer_Ballet,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our property here at ONE UN New York. I would love the opportunity to further discuss a few of your concerns with your stay. Please do not hesitate to reach me at Mariam.Dar@millenniumhotels.com.

I am happy to share that our East Tower rooms will soon be undergoing a renovation to complement our newly renovated West Tower. Our West Tower rooms were fully renovated recently and guests of the West Tower also enjoy complimentary internet access along with access to our Sklyine Club which features two food and beverage presentations daily. Additionally, these rooms feature mini bars, microwaves, and coffee makers which can also be used for making tea.

I look forward to your response.

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Arriving early the staff were unprepared to help me get wifi until I took access to my room.

After 5 days when the hotel wifi went off I spent 6 hours making calls. The hotel merely told me to phone someone else. Appalling service. Seriously avoid.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank diggydow
Dear diggydow,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay with us at ONE UN New York. I am concerned to hear your comments about your stay. We will be looking in to see as to why you were unable to connect to our wifi. I would love to discuss your experience in further detail as I can be reached at (212) 702-5033 or by email at Mariam.Dar@millenniumhotels.com.

I look forward speaking with you.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We booked this hotel as we wanted a pool and decided to upgrade to be in the West Tower which included WIFI, Breakfast & a city view.

The room and the view were AMAZING - couldn't complain, the WIFI was also great. BUT the pool was AWFUL - needs a refurb, I cant tell you how bad it was - we got in for 2 minutes and got out. Not only are the hours its open very limited (only 6 hours a day sometimes!) but the ambience is awful. There's broken gym equipment and tape holding the pool together. Not welcoming or glamorous.

The 'free' breakfast was also pretty awful - it wasn't even a continental breakfast. It was cereal, fruit, pastries, toast and bagels. However it was so crap that they ran out of bread for toast and didn't reset the tables on the second morning we went and we arrived 45minutes before the end of the breakfast session. My thoughts for the hotel - why bother? Also 'free' was Hors d'oeuvres which meant 2 slabs of pretty awful cheese and two containers of onion bagji's and somosa's. They included wine and bottled beer... which was OK, but the food AWFUL.

Anyway, if they close the pool and fix the poor food and service with the breakfast this could be a really lovely hotel.

If you're going for shopping it is a hike from the general time square area, but there are tonnes of restaurants close - we saw a Five Guys burger joint too. Absolute highlight of staying here was breakfast on our last morning at John's dinner just on the corner of 2nd and 44th (2 mins walk from the hotel)...

Room Tip: Choose the west tower but go out for Breakfast to Johns cafe just up the road...
3 Thank EmmaLondon24a
Dear EmmaLondon24a,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay with us at ONE UN New York. Though I am delighted you were pleased with your room and view, I want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. I would like to assure you that we take your comments very seriously and will strive to make the necessary modifications to improve our service.

In regards to your concerns with our Skyline Club, I will pass along your comments to our food and beverage department.

Additionally, I apologize for the experience you encountered at our pool. The issues you have expressed will be our priority and will be looked into and passed along to the necessary department heads. As far as assurance goes, we are on stand by and available for all of our guests comments and concerns. I would love the opportunity to live up to your expectations on your next visit to New York. Please do not hesitate to contact me before booking your next stay with us as I would love to personally assist you. I can be reached at Mariam.Dar@millenniumhotels.com. Thank you again for choosing ONE UN New York.

Wallkill, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend from April 4th-6th, 2014. We found our deal on Kayak.com and figured we'd take it. We booked the "no refund" alternative to save even more money. After booking it, I did some research online (I know, should have been done before) and found this hotel listed on bedbugs.com! I was so nervous since we couldn't cancel our reservations. I went there preparing for there to be bugs and I was overly paranoid because I did so much reading on the internet about them…but to be honest, I don't think there is a place in NYC that doesn't have them now…it's becoming an epidemic. My friend who just works in Manhattan and lives in New Jersey brought them home from WORK! You can even pick them up on subways, trains, and taxis. Anyway, I went with my inspector tools (flashlight, magnifying glass, etc)

When we arrived, we were greeted with a friendly smile. Our room was on the 35th floor in the East Tower. The room was clean, quiet and a great size. The bathroom was also quite large. It gave us ample space for our three days in the city. On top of it all, I did my close inspection of the BB…didn't find any nor any "remnants" of them, although I could not take the headboard off of the bed and pictures off of the wall. I just figured WTH, let's just hope for the best. Well we were comfortable our entire stay and didn't get ONE bite (just to be safe, we plopped all of our things in the dryer before even entering our home).

So aside from my initial paranoia, we had a wonderful stay and I would definitely stay again. We had a wonderful view of the East River, Roosevelt Island, and the Queensboro Bridge. It is only a few blocks from Grand Central, so all trains lead to it, and taxi cabs are always out front or you can just go to 2nd Avenue and catch a cab.

One morning we woke up quite early before the cafe in the hotel opened and we were directed to a little cafe/deli on 2nd Avenue…I feel bad I cannot remember the name but it was on the West side of the street between 43rd and 44th streets. It had everything you could want! Go there to grab some food. The prices were SO affordable for NYC!

• 4 of 5 stars
ONEUNNewYork, Guest Relations Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear tenn95,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay with us at ONE UN New York. I am elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff provided you with excellent service upon check in. I am pleased to read that your room was to your liking and that everything was in order. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me before booking your next stay with us as I would love to personally assist you. I can be reached at Mariam.Dar@millenniumhotels.com. Thank you again for choosing ONE UN New York!

Bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I did buckets of research and finally decided on the West Tower. Lots of people grumbling about the East Tower, so be careful when booking. The views from the room was outstanding. We were on the 35th floor and had a great view of the Chrysler building and the wonderful skyline.The refurbished rooms are great...pretty spacious for NY. We chose a room with two double beds and the West Tower has the added bonus of WI Fi in the room and all common areas. Bathroom was good, with a really nice shower. The breakfast buffet was good...various moans about no hot options from some of the American guests, but I was more than happy with the continental breakfast on offer. The Skyline evening reception, with nibbles, beer and wine was a great start to a night in NY. Leisure facilities are in the East Tower and are a little tired, so could do with upgrading. The hotel is a couple of blocks from Grand Central, so access to transport is not a problem.

The view is the major selling point and would be difficult to beat.

I would have no hesitation staying here again and will recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Higher the better, although all West Tower rooms have great views
1 Thank BathOntheroadagain
ONEUNNewYork, Guest Relations Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I’m so glad you found your stay here most enjoyable. Thank you very much for sharing your review. We strive to offer our guests with exceptional service and it’s wonderful to know that this was reflected for your stay. Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly for your next visit, Here at ONE UN New York, we are all eager to welcome you back as our guest!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed several times in older rooms.took upgrade to west tower this time ,very comfortable new rooms , sky lounge facilities good though breakfast limited but sufficient for continental choice.helpful,staff .will stay again .location ok and many restaurants close by.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Agmsoton
Dear Valued Guest,

It’s always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests and we’re grateful for your review. Thank you for taking a moment to share it with us. I’m glad you had a a great stay and we sure look forward to welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact us for future visits.