“Centrally located and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ONE UN New York

You added ONE UN New York to your Saves list
ONE UN New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One United Nations Plaza, 44th Street (Between First and Second Avenue), New York City, NY 10017-3575 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #334 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Wallkill, New York
“Centrally located and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend from April 4th-6th, 2014. We found our deal on Kayak.com and figured we'd take it. We booked the "no refund" alternative to save even more money. After booking it, I did some research online (I know, should have been done before) and found this hotel listed on bedbugs.com! I was so nervous since we couldn't cancel our reservations. I went there preparing for there to be bugs and I was overly paranoid because I did so much reading on the internet about them…but to be honest, I don't think there is a place in NYC that doesn't have them now…it's becoming an epidemic. My friend who just works in Manhattan and lives in New Jersey brought them home from WORK! You can even pick them up on subways, trains, and taxis. Anyway, I went with my inspector tools (flashlight, magnifying glass, etc)

When we arrived, we were greeted with a friendly smile. Our room was on the 35th floor in the East Tower. The room was clean, quiet and a great size. The bathroom was also quite large. It gave us ample space for our three days in the city. On top of it all, I did my close inspection of the BB…didn't find any nor any "remnants" of them, although I could not take the headboard off of the bed and pictures off of the wall. I just figured WTH, let's just hope for the best. Well we were comfortable our entire stay and didn't get ONE bite (just to be safe, we plopped all of our things in the dryer before even entering our home).

So aside from my initial paranoia, we had a wonderful stay and I would definitely stay again. We had a wonderful view of the East River, Roosevelt Island, and the Queensboro Bridge. It is only a few blocks from Grand Central, so all trains lead to it, and taxi cabs are always out front or you can just go to 2nd Avenue and catch a cab.

One morning we woke up quite early before the cafe in the hotel opened and we were directed to a little cafe/deli on 2nd Avenue…I feel bad I cannot remember the name but it was on the West side of the street between 43rd and 44th streets. It had everything you could want! Go there to grab some food. The prices were SO affordable for NYC!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ONEUNNewYork, Guest Relations Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear tenn95,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay with us at ONE UN New York. I am elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff provided you with excellent service upon check in. I am pleased to read that your room was to your liking and that everything was in order. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me before booking your next stay with us as I would love to personally assist you. I can be reached at Mariam.Dar@millenniumhotels.com. Thank you again for choosing ONE UN New York!

Warm Regards,

Mariam Dar
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I did buckets of research and finally decided on the West Tower. Lots of people grumbling about the East Tower, so be careful when booking. The views from the room was outstanding. We were on the 35th floor and had a great view of the Chrysler building and the wonderful skyline.The refurbished rooms are great...pretty spacious for NY. We chose a room with two double beds and the West Tower has the added bonus of WI Fi in the room and all common areas. Bathroom was good, with a really nice shower. The breakfast buffet was good...various moans about no hot options from some of the American guests, but I was more than happy with the continental breakfast on offer. The Skyline evening reception, with nibbles, beer and wine was a great start to a night in NY. Leisure facilities are in the East Tower and are a little tired, so could do with upgrading. The hotel is a couple of blocks from Grand Central, so access to transport is not a problem.

The view is the major selling point and would be difficult to beat.

I would have no hesitation staying here again and will recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Higher the better, although all West Tower rooms have great views
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ONEUNNewYork, Guest Relations Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I’m so glad you found your stay here most enjoyable. Thank you very much for sharing your review. We strive to offer our guests with exceptional service and it’s wonderful to know that this was reflected for your stay. Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly for your next visit, Here at ONE UN New York, we are all eager to welcome you back as our guest!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed several times in older rooms.took upgrade to west tower this time ,very comfortable new rooms , sky lounge facilities good though breakfast limited but sufficient for continental choice.helpful,staff .will stay again .location ok and many restaurants close by.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

It’s always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests and we’re grateful for your review. Thank you for taking a moment to share it with us. I’m glad you had a a great stay and we sure look forward to welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact us for future visits.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

This is an old hotel that is in need of some upgrading and some serious attention to the upkeep of the rooms! I booked a night here and was expecting high quality because of the location and the class rating, but I was deceived! The phone in the room doesn't work, the staff doesn't seen to care, and the furnishings in the room are old and tired looking. The carpeting in the room looks old and has multiple stains. The bed skirt was stained with ketchup or food. There is very little thought put into the setup of the rooms. There are barely any electrical outlets and the alarm clock didn't even work. I complained to the front desk and they said they would fix it, but never did. I would never recommend anyone stay here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

I am most concerned to read your comments. Please contact me directly at Erica.Kostic@millenniumhotels.com so that I may address the particulars. I look forward to your e-mail.

Newcastle, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

on my first night at this Hotel, the water temp in the shower was really poor, and I noted that the tiled walls of the shower needed a good scrub. There was one particular mark that was not part of the pattern!!! The next morning I mentioned both problems to the receptionist asking in particular if the shower could have a good clean. After a long day in a business meeting, with a business meeting straight after, I returned to the Hotel at around 10 pm looking forward to a nice hot shower. Guess what? No hot water, shower wall still dirty!! I was very disappointed not even a note to say something like we've looked into your problems we can't fix them would you like to change rooms. They'd had a whole day to fix these problems and just didn't bother..terrible customer service. I did phone to reception to state my disappointment, she did offer a room change, too late I was too tired. But this was never mentioned again, it would have been good customer service to have apologised again on my checkout, perhaps knocked off the charge for breakfast, but nothing, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ONEUNNewYork, Guest Relations Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments are of great concerns me and I would like to address the particulars with you. Please contact me directly at Erica.Kostic@MillenniumHotels.Com . I look forward to our correspondance.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The location of the hotel is good with a fab view of the East River. We stayed in the older of the two towers and it is showing its age, especially the bathroom. The gym is nice and has a good view. The cleaning is hit and miss. I noticed a few crumbs on the floor which took a couple of days before they were cleared. Reception staff and concierge were helpful and friendly.

But the worst thing is the sneaky and frankly, mean, way of charging for internet access. Please be warned that it is $12.95 per device and NOT per room as in other hotels like the Marriot, where we stayed before coming to NYC. They didn't say anything on check in. No warnings were given when you log on. It was only when we bought an extra 24hrs on my tablet, and then log on using our note book did we become suspicious. There is a line in the folder under the section on internet. So, dear reader, please be aware and not be misled like we did. It rather spoiled a nice stay here. With how I feel at the moment, I don't think I want to come back here again. Shame because otherwise we liked the hotel.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here. I regret to hear the dissatisfaction you found with the internet. We do have a separate provider for Wi-Fi, so in turn, there is a minimal charge for access which many Hotels in the area host. Nevertheless I regret to hear that your stay was not of complete satisfaction. Please contact me directly at Erica.Kostic@MillenniumHotels.Com so that I may welcome you back and redefine your experience.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

The hotel is perfectely located and it has a spectacular view on New York's skyline.
Although we arrived in the evening we had a good opportunitiy to have a look at the facilities of the hotel. The room, the bed and bathroom are just fantastic.
The staff is very friendly en special respectful greetings to Erica who made our stay memorable.
Make sure you won't miss this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner-rooms are just wonderful. Call for Erica and you will experience a warm and friendly welcome...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I’m thrilled to hear you found your stay quite pleasing. It’s always wonderful to receive insights from our guests especially when they’ve had a great time. Thank you for your review. Rest assured that I will be awaiting for your next arrival so I can welcome you back as our guest! Please feel free to contact me directly for your next stay.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to ONE UN New York? Share your experiences!