“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ONE UN New York

You added ONE UN New York to your Saves list
ONE UN New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One United Nations Plaza, 44th Street (Between First and Second Avenue), New York City, NY 10017-3575 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #313 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Alburgh, Vermont
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel everything from the cleanliness, location, food and staff friendliness was amazing. Everything we needed was taken care of and staff were all eager to assit. The rooms were out of this world and the views were breathtaking. We can not wait to come back. If you are looking for a great NYC experience then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013
ONEUNNewYork, Guest Relations Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your most recent experiences with ONE UN New York. First, I would like to thank you for the high score you gave us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, the staff, and our surrounding locations. We do await your future return to us. For your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for special assistance at 212.702.5033 or by email, erica.kostic@mill-usa.com. Thank you and have a great day

ONE UN New York

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. I got a room in the East Tower which is not renovated. The decor and furniture was standard and not at all special. The C/I was great and they let me in early as they had space. Nebertheless I did not feel any enthusiasm on behalf of staff to try to make my stay more enjoyable. At 350$ it's no real value for money.

Room Tip: Don't settle for the East Tower. Inssist on renovated rooms in West part.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ONEUNNewYork, Guest Relations Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It’s always a pleasure to read comments from our guests stays and we are thankful that you have shared your experience with us. With renovation procedures in plan, we are open to every suggestion. We’re glad that your found your overall stay a satisfactory one however, we are apologetic for the staff not portraying enthusiasm to your liking. We have high regard for our guests and we can assure you that we will relay the information so that it can be reflected during your future visits. Please contact our Guest Relations Team of assistance with future stays. We are here to ensure the comfort of your stay and personally see that your requests are being tended to.

madrid
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Only good thing the views if you get to the top.
The old towel is getting very old.
The key machines to work out in the gym were out of service during the week we stayed. Swimming pool closed. It took me 2 days to get a reservation in a restaurant using the conciergerie and they didn't make it finally so I called directly and got in 2 minutes. We had breakfast buffet one say and we gave 10% gratuity on the spot and when checking out I saw in the invoice that they charged an extra 30% gratuity without consent. Is that a gratuity or a fine? THIS IS AN AVERAGE 3 STAR HOTEL with some 4-star features

Stayed December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am thankful that you have chosen to share your feedback about your recent stay at ONE UN New York. I would be delighted to assist you with any billing discrepencies. Please contact me directly at erica.kostic@millenniumhotels.com

Valleyview, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had planned a Christmas holiday for several months and had booked our stay at this hotel, based on the lovely photos and amenities described on their website. Sadly none of these were even remotely accurate. The two rooms we occupied were dirty and had torn stained furniture and mold in the bathtub. They lacked even the basic amenities that one would find in a budget hotel. When we asked to speak to the manager after the first morning, we were told he was not in and given a business card with an email I emailed the manager that day and the email on the card was not a valid email. The pool was closed for the holiday and so was unable to be used. When we asked about the in room movies which was one of the reason we chose the hotel we were told that was a promotion that had ended. Having stayed at many hotels this one was completely below standards. To add insult to injury, the sale rate of $385 per night at which we had booked was completely undercut by the rates that they were charging at the time of check in which was between $159-$230.00 When we asked about this, we were told that the rooms are single occupancy rooms and that we were being charged per person. This was a complete falsehood as one of the rooms had four people and one had three and we were both charged the same rate. Three of which were young children. When we asked to speak to a manager the lady we spoke to advised that there was no manager on staff and put us over to another gentleman to speak to. During the course of that conversation that he advised that the first lady was the manager. The quality of service and the outright lying by staff at this hotel was shameful. We ended up terminating our stay after the second night and transferring to a Courtyard Mariott who gave u an excellent rate and wonderful room. Its sad that the staff and management of the UN One have no commitment to ensuring travellers have a good experience with their hotel. This hotel was a disgusting waste of money and I do not recommend that anyone patronize this establishment.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ONEUNNewYork, Guest Relations Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with ONE UN New York. I sincerely apologize and am very concerned that we did not meet your expectations. This is certainly not the image we want to portray for our guests. Furthermore, I am concerned about the impression we made and I would be more than happy discuss your situation further. I can be reached at (212)702-5033 or by email at Michael.Tuesca@millenniumhotels.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Michael Tuesca
Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This hotel is in a good location within walking distance to much that brings people to NY (shopping, restaurants, theater). Lobby is contemporary, and the front desk staff are (mostly) friendly and helpful. Prior to arrival, I spoke with reservation and front desk folks. Each exchange was professional and helpful. The guest relations folks seem to put serious effort into attending to guests. We were treated to a fruit platter upon arrival, and it was the perfect snack after a long drive.

Many reviewers on this site recommend that you request the west wing, and those rooms are sensational BUT they are expensive (you can upgrade, depending on availability, for $80/night). Our room, in the east wing, was very clean and light, the bed was comfy and there is a large walk-in closet, but you can see the wear and tear around the edges. The view was spectacular, day and night. It is unusual that there is no coffee machine, no refrigerator, no snacks and no free wifi (although you can purchase it for $12/day/machine). We requested a refrigerator, but had to call a second time after an hour and one was delivered. The bathroom lighting is unusual in that in the main area there is only lighting underneath the mirror, sending light onto the counter and the sink, but not onto your face, so shaving or putting on make-up is a bit challenging. We reported that our bedroom shade was not working satisfactorily, but no one every came to fix it.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it, but there are a few glitches.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ONEUNNewYork, Guest Relations Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at ONE UN New York. I am glad to hear that you found our location and lobby convenient and in addition, our staff proved to be of good service to you. I do however, apologize for the delay in services. I can assure you that guest satisfaction is our top priority. With future renovation procedures in plan, we are open to every suggestion constructively. Rest assured that your comments are being addressed with the relevant department. I look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations.

Stirling, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I can't recall where I saw this hotel described as "4-star" but, on the strength of that we booked for five nights. Such a rating would be a very, very sick joke as, in Europe, this hotel would struggle to merit 2-stars.

Perversely, the first impression on entering the hotel lobby from 44th Street is that it might be OK. The lobby and reception areas are fine. But then we saw our room. It is impossible to describe it fairly without using expletives. I can, therefore, only relate what we suffered and let potential guests write their own narrative. The room was terrible - no tea/coffee making facilities, no refrigerator, badly stained carpet, dirty marks on walls, cupboard door hanging off its hinges, shampoo never replenished in five days, wi-fi would have cost $12.95 per day per device! (and what couple nowadays does not have at least four devices?)

The only positive was that the bed linen seemed clean and the bed itself was comfortable.

Location-wise, it is fine (although two taxi drivers had never heard of UN Plaza and had to be directed to 1st/44th - but that is hardly the hotel's fault). Certainly within a brisk 30 minute walk of the theatre district, Central Park and other attractions. The other bright spot was that 3 minutes walk away, on 2nd Avenue at 44th, was the Olympia Cafe where excellent breakfasts could be obtained at reasonable cost and the unlimited wi-fi was free.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at ONE UN New York. I regret to hear that we were not able to meet or exceed your expectations during your stay. I am concerned with the impression that you received during your stay and I would be more than happy to personally discuss the situation further with you. I can be reached at bryan.adelson@millenniumhotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Bryan Adelson
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The old wing of this Hotel does not deserve its 5 star rating. We asked to move but the new wing was fully booked no surprise there. Very dated and in need of redecorating. Bathroom was ancient Staff were all great though very helpful and efficient.

Room Tip: Ask for the new wing.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ONEUNNewYork, Guest Relations Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at ONE UN New York. We do apologize that you were inconvenienced during your stay and did not get the chance to experience our West Tower accommodations. We truly appreciate your comments and feedback and we can use them for future improvements in 2014. Thank you very much for sharing your kind words regarding our associates and I would be more than happy to share them with my team. Once again, thank you for choosing ONE UN New York and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best,

Bryan Adelson
Guest Relations Manager

Been to ONE UN New York? Share your experiences!